joe kinnear - director of football at newcastle

I doubt Pardew was in charge of transfers to begin with though I'm guessing this move was designed to try and make him walk just so fat ashley doesn't have to fire him and pay out 7 years of a contract (great bit of bussiness there...)

I just don't understand whats going on at that club.

Is it just a case of Mike Ashley having a fondness for Joe Kinnear? I read his Wiki page and apparently he was due to take the reigns again whilst they were in the championship. Ashley has already been caught with his trousers down in regards of constructive dismissal so won't go down that route again. Newcastle may just be going down the director of football route like West Brom and now Wolves to provide greater stability and an awareness of how the squad should be set up.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/oct/02/kevin-keegan-constructive-dismissal-newcastle

If he needs to sack Pardew,or feels he needs to sack Pardew, he will sack Pardew. The long contract that he gave him will have some bearing on compo but he would n't get the bulk of it unless he sat on his arse for duration of the contractual period. Mike Ashley may have a reputation for being a stingy bastard but I think if an expense needs covering he will recognise that and get the finances to match up.

I would have thought Ashley would be reasonably happy with Pardew, one season exceeding expectations followed by one of under-achievement. Hardly a disaster for an owner that doesn't appear to be hugely passionate about the club? Could be a coincidence but Ashley and Kinnear live very close to each other!

Brilliant like how they even try to ruin my weekend during the close season that kind of consistency is a rarity these days.

Hard to say how i feel about this one. Kind of reminds me of an article i read recently (i think it was posted on here by young Bob)

I love my club it means everything to me, I have always been proud to call myself a Newcastle fan. Whenever we had a bad result or a bad performance it would affect me for days after sometimes weeks and i remember thinking I wish i didn't care so much.

Slowly over the years as we fell down and eventually out of the premier league every blow was felt with real feeling, Keegan came and went (again) the Wise Saga, the Sports direct arena farce, the desecration of St James' with horrible nasty sports direct branding. Each blow Ashley struck eroded some of my passion to the point where even when we were winning promotion or fighting for the Champions league i couldn't really enjoy it with all my heart.

I now find myself numb to the new events. JFK (Joe Fucking Kinnear) comes back oh well, Cabaye off to Monaco can't blame him, Wonga splashed across the front of our shirts nevermind.

As i am finding out there is indeed a big difference between not wanting to give a fuck and not being able to give a fuck.

Thanks to Mike Ashley and the way he has run my club this is the position i find myself in and i can see no way out of this while he owns us.

A joke of a decision by a joke of an owner.

Sorry for the long and somewhat serious post.

This is very much Ashley employing some eyes and ears. Kinnear is a yes man and made a point of attacking players who didn't pull their weight when he was given the job.

This isn't a man who's given the job out of being qualified, this is a man who's been given the job because the owner trusts him. There's secondary issues as part of the job and it's not all black and white from the outside looking in.<br /><br />-- Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:06 am --<br /><br />@Chris. It could be worse. You could sack Pardew and employ Pearce ;)

ChrisNUFC said:
Brilliant like how they even try to ruin my weekend during the close season that kind of consistency is a rarity these days.

Hard to say how i feel about this one. Kind of reminds me of an article i read recently (i think it was posted on here by young Bob)

I love my club it means everything to me, I have always been proud to call myself a Newcastle fan. Whenever we had a bad result or a bad performance it would affect me for days after sometimes weeks and i remember thinking I wish i didn't care so much.

Slowly over the years as we fell down and eventually out of the premier league every blow was felt with real feeling, Keegan came and went (again) the Wise Saga, the Sports direct arena farce, the desecration of St James' with horrible nasty sports direct branding. Each blow Ashley struck eroded some of my passion to the point where even when we were winning promotion or fighting for the Champions league i couldn't really enjoy it with all my heart.

I now find myself numb to the new events. JFK (Joe Fucking Kinnear) comes back oh well, Cabaye off to Monaco can't blame him, Wonga splashed across the front of our shirts nevermind.

As i am finding out there is indeed a big difference between not wanting to give a fuck and not being able to give a fuck.

Thanks to Mike Ashley and the way he has run my club this is the position i find myself in and i can see no way out of this while he owns us.

Feel your pain Chris....that could be City you are talking about 10-15 years ago.....keep the faith

ChrisNUFC said:

I feel your pain Sister. JFK has always grated on me, a manager who can't keep his mouth shut. He's announced his own job and still the club have said nothing?

I expect another statement today where he says it was a joke aimed at his bestest mate in the whole world, Pards, and he would get back to making the tea for the ladies team.

Apart from dear old 'arry there isn't another manager I despise so much (at least baconface backed up his rants with trophies) as JFK.

ChrisNUFC said:

What you need is an outside owner..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.