Joe Mercer Ramp Question

Thomas Hearns

Legal experts / barrack room lawyers sought.

When walking down the ramp after a game fans are sporadically stopped for a minute or so from crossing the road that leads out onto the main road by stewards interlocking arms.

Are they allowed to stop you ? What if you were late for something important and didn’t want to wait until they deemed it safe for you to cross the road ? Is it private land and as such they can make their own rules ?

Legal experts / barrack room lawyers sought.

When walking down the ramp after a game fans are sporadically stopped for a minute or so from crossing the road that leads out onto the main road by stewards interlocking arms.

Are they allowed to stop you ? What if you were late for something important and didn’t want to wait until they deemed it safe for you to cross the road ? Is it private land and as such they can make their own rules ?

You have answered your own question

If you were late for something important, I would suggest leaving the Etihad stadium with 55,000 people is likely to delay you.

A bit of common sense and understanding why this is happening would be an idea.
I’ve no problem with it pal I’m just mildly curious as to the rights and wrongs as I’ve seen scrotes having a go at them on occasion

I’ve no problem with it pal I’m just mildly curious as to the rights and wrongs as I’ve seen scrotes having a go at them on occasion

Scrotes will have a go at anyone and anything. It's what scrotes do! If they got run over they'd moan at the stewards for not stopping them!

Personally I don't think they should be holding back pedestrians there until most of them have cleared Joe Mercer Way - they should make the cars wait as they are only heading for a traffic jam on Alan Turing Way regardless so it won't delay them much in reality.

Sorry, I didn’t mean it to come across as moaning at you. I just think in general, people are all about their “rights” rather than just accepting that people have a job to do.
No worries pal I didn’t take it that way. It’s a problem I rarely encounter anyhow as I usually exercise my “right” to leave a few mins early !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.