Joe Mercer Way

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Blue Lloyd said:
It's very nice but it's nothing new. It's been there for years if it's the one I'm thinking of? Joe holding up the Championship from the front and looking out from the tunnel at the Kippax from the rear.

Yeah, think that mosaic sign has been there since day one - ever since it was called Joe Mercer Way.
I usually go in past where "B of the bang" used to be so I've never seen that, anyone get a photo up, I'd love to see it.

for the poster who asked, here's 2 pics i took last season,

mercer_2009_ett.jpg

mercer_2009_ett2.jpg

The mosaics were done by Mark Kennedy who is a reputed Northern Quarter artist. He has done many in the area and is a Blue. You can find his works on <a class="postlink" href="http://www.markkennedy.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.markkennedy.co.uk</a>.

His work was on Afflecks before those twossers Bruntwood bought it out but he still boozes in The Castle on Oldham Street and is very active.

The Joe mosaic is particularly poignant and I think Mrs Mercer unveiled it before the start of the first season at Eastlands.

I walk up Joe Mercer Way every home game and I feel ashamed to have never noticed it before. Wow. It really is a nice touch, cannot believe I never knew it was there.

kippaxkid74 said:
for the poster who asked, here's 2 pics i took last season,

mercer_2009_ett.jpg

mercer_2009_ett2.jpg

posting this pic has just reminded me that last season just before i go into coms to start work me and a rag who also works at coms go for a quick cig round there and I was takeing a few pics myself when the fucker said why is joe takeing a piss on the pitch.And since then I carnt look at it with out thinking it myself.the ****.

flipmode said:
I have them on my iPhone and I am just uploading them now. It seems I have to have a degree in neurophysics to get them from my phone to my laptop to website :S

-- Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:55 am --

Right here we go (hopefully this'll work)

A shot of the stadium and Joe Mercer Way from the bottom of Briscoe Lane:

A shot of Joe Mercer Way from the Car Park:

A shot of Joe Mercer Way close up (taken on that "speed hump"):

This is a pic of the work being done next to the club shop. As you have the stadium behind you, this work is taking place to the right of the club shop. On the left it is pretty much a building site with nothing worth taking a picture of.

Another thing worth nothing I think, is that at the top of Joe Mercer Way, there is now a Mosaiq (sp) sign that denotes it as "Joe Mercer Way" and it says "Joe Mercer OBE". A wicked touch but when I went to take a photo, I was told to go back as it was "dangerous to be there" lol

Lots of other little things going on, big hole where I suspect the Screen will be going near the old ticket office, lots of new bollards are up covered in plastic bags. Generally it's a building site but it's a building site that is moving quickly.

I'll keep updatiung this thread for the people who cannot get to CoMS. Progress reports if you will ;)

Hope the pics are of use to some people?

On the bottome picture, there are two people ontop of the pod. The one with the high viz is me!!<br /><br />-- Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:01 pm --<br /><br />
flipmode said:
I have them on my iPhone and I am just uploading them now. It seems I have to have a degree in neurophysics to get them from my phone to my laptop to website :S

-- Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:55 am --

Right here we go (hopefully this'll work)

A shot of the stadium and Joe Mercer Way from the bottom of Briscoe Lane:

A shot of Joe Mercer Way from the Car Park:

A shot of Joe Mercer Way close up (taken on that "speed hump"):

This is a pic of the work being done next to the club shop. As you have the stadium behind you, this work is taking place to the right of the club shop. On the left it is pretty much a building site with nothing worth taking a picture of.

Another thing worth nothing I think, is that at the top of Joe Mercer Way, there is now a Mosaiq (sp) sign that denotes it as "Joe Mercer Way" and it says "Joe Mercer OBE". A wicked touch but when I went to take a photo, I was told to go back as it was "dangerous to be there" lol

Lots of other little things going on, big hole where I suspect the Screen will be going near the old ticket office, lots of new bollards are up covered in plastic bags. Generally it's a building site but it's a building site that is moving quickly.

I'll keep updatiung this thread for the people who cannot get to CoMS. Progress reports if you will ;)

Hope the pics are of use to some people?

On the bottom picture, there are two people ontop of the pod. The one with the high viz is me!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.