Joey Barton

I think he will do well.

He might not be too bright but without doubt there are a lot of thick people in professional football, Joey probably ranks significantly above the mid point. Same with managers – more rogues than rocket scientists. Joey clearly has a lot of drive and determination and he is not shy, he has also played for a huge range of clubs where he bottomed out spectacularly with Rangers. What went wrong there is that he couldn’t cope with the unprofessional approach and when he called them all out they told him to do one. As the manager that can’t happen but his experience with Rangers will be a big influence – that and what Shaun Dyche has done at Burnley. If this goes wrong it will be down to his big mouth and expecting too much, but if he is determined to have a career in the game going forward this is a big risk and he will know all eyes are on him, he won’t want another rangers style fall out. Fleetwood are well positioned and on the up. If he gets them to the championship that is massive overachievement as they are basically a non league club although it’s not unrealistic as they are mid table now and with Wigan and Blackburn going up L1 is wide open (also dross coming down from the championship). I think he is out to prove a point and I can see him doing it – at that level he should be able to make a big impact.

I read somewhere that Barton and Fleetwood’s owner are friends. Little more than Gary Neville taking over at Valencia here.

I think he will do well.

He might not be too bright but without doubt there are a lot of thick people in professional football, Joey probably ranks significantly above the mid point. Same with managers – more rogues than rocket scientists. Joey clearly has a lot of drive and determination and he is not shy, he has also played for a huge range of clubs where he bottomed out spectacularly with Rangers. What went wrong there is that he couldn’t cope with the unprofessional approach and when he called them all out they told him to do one. As the manager that can’t happen but his experience with Rangers will be a big influence – that and what Shaun Dyche has done at Burnley. If this goes wrong it will be down to his big mouth and expecting too much, but if he is determined to have a career in the game going forward this is a big risk and he will know all eyes are on him, he won’t want another rangers style fall out. Fleetwood are well positioned and on the up. If he gets them to the championship that is massive overachievement as they are basically a non league club although it’s not unrealistic as they are mid table now and with Wigan and Blackburn going up L1 is wide open (also dross coming down from the championship). I think he is out to prove a point and I can see him doing it – at that level he should be able to make a big impact.

That could also be his downfall as a manager.

That could also be his downfall as a manager.

Agree however given he has had that experience at rangers and he probably wasn’t arsed I assume this time round he will have learned from that experience. He will also have the authority and a full preseason to get set his expectations. He will have no excuses if it goes wrong.

Let’s see how he does!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.