John Guidetti

ColinLee said:
shevtheblue said:
I'm sure a team like Swansea would have been interested and it would've been much more beneficial for him and us imo.
Doesn't that require some sort of explanation as to why it would make any difference to us or him?
Sure, Swansea play good football and so do City. I would've thought it was a no brainer tbh. They have one fit striker and Michu has been preferred off the 1 striker when hes been fit. Would've been interesting to see if John could get involved in the passing style Swansea employ as its quite similar to ours at times (without the end product).
Stoke have not changed their style of play, their players are too used to Pullis.
Just an opinion of course.

CITYBOY1000 said:
Lucky Toma said:
CITYBOY1000 said:
You might be right, but I'm not 100% convinced. He's been out of the game a long time now. As another poster said, he's had that leg problem after eating the chicken but that was 1.5 years ago. He was supposed to be coming in over the Summer to get his fitness levels up and met Pellegrini on his first at the club. Yet, he hasn't even been playing for the reserves or getting onto the bench.

He's done nothing at City so far. He's played in one League Cup match against a no-mark League 2 team and did nothing.

People rave about his 21 goals in the Dutch Erie Division but in that same season Jozi Altidore scored around 20 goals for another Dutch club. Jozi Altidore scored 1 goal in his first full season with Hull in the Premiership (against us ironically). Jozi Altidore isn't exactly ripping up trees at Sunderland at the moment. So why is everyone assuming that Swedish John is even in with a chance of ever getting on our bench ? I can't believe anyone thinks we would have Jozi Altidore on our bench.

Or do they ?

I think he knows he can't live up to the hype. Bit like Michael Johnson. I think he'll stay out of the limelight, on the physio's bench or "working in the gym to get match fit" and earn another contract on the strength of his season in Holland and then see out his new contract on loan at various places or injured and then call time on his career when he's not offered another one.

This post fully illustrates how its possible to build an entirely flawed thesis around a couple of stats (one of which is wrong)

We don't know what the future holds and only time will tell. Maybe I was being a bit harsh. Maybe.

No personal vendettas here. I'd love if he came up trumps and saved us a packet in the transfer market.

Just seen absolutely nothing to back up the hype. He got an assist against West Brom ! Were they in the Premiership at that time ?

Jozi Altidor was scoring for fun in the Erie Division. He couldn't hit a barn door with a cow's arse on a stick in the Premiership.
As someone else pointed out Luis Suárez scored for fun for Ajax so comparing him to Altidor is pointless. Why don't you wait and see what he does at Stoke up until May instead of writing him off now?

shevtheblue said:
ColinLee said:
shevtheblue said:
I'm sure a team like Swansea would have been interested and it would've been much more beneficial for him and us imo.
Doesn't that require some sort of explanation as to why it would make any difference to us or him?
Sure, Swansea play good football and so do City. I would've thought it was a no brainer tbh. They have one fit striker and Michu has been preferred off the 1 striker when hes been fit. Would've been interesting to see if John could get involved in the passing style Swansea employ as its quite similar to ours at times (without the end product).
Stoke have not changed their style of play, their players are too used to Pullis.

I was only thinking the other day when they played Liverpool, that Stoke were trying to pass the ball much more than under Pullis.

Good luck to him, hope he proves his fitness and comes back to us in the summer.

shevtheblue said:
ColinLee said:
shevtheblue said:
True Swansea only seem to have Bony and Michu (is he not nearly back?). Stoke have changed under Hughes and look like losing Jones so there's room for him. It'll just be good to see him play in the PL not to mention get sharp again. It'll at least give us an idea of him for next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.