John Maddock dies

A bizarre chapter indeed and one that highlights the shambles the club was in those days.

Hated Swales and hated this man for agreeing to do his dirty work. But at the end of the day I suppose it's only football. Condolences to his family and friends and RIP

Came on Radio Manchester live telling us he was on his way south to sign City a WORLD CLASS Manager, BRIAN WHO???????

What was also really odd about it is that he sacked Reid and then just quietly vanished.

There's a thread in the history forum about him - started by me somewhat uncannily just a couple of weeks ago.

Maddock did actually hang around for a few months after the Reid sacking. Reid was sacked in August 1993. However, I remember when Swales stepped down as chairman about late November 1993 but was still running the club - Maddock made a statement saying that it was due to all the abuse Swales and his family were getting and then launched into a rant about how the Francis Lee consortium had "no chance of ever taking over the club" or words to that effect. That was the last I think we heard of Maddock in a City capacity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.