John Mellencamp

big gaz

Just got in from tonights show at the Apollo, anyone else go ?
The gig was pure class from a top performer and the kid he pulled from the crowd to sing the last verse of rocking in the usa will be on a high for at least a month.

Yep I was there. And totally agree with you, he was absolute class. To be honest I wasn't sure what to expect after all these years but he exceeded all expectations. Loved the mix of old and new and also chucking in some of the acoustic numbers on his own. A couple of my personal favourites were "Save Some time to Dream" & "Jackie Brown". And yeah that lad who he got up on stage made the most of it didn't he. Top night.

Glad you enjoyed it Robsta, he was on my wish list till last night. You're right a great mix of old and new and live the new stuff sounded more rootsy than on the cd. Rain on the scarecrow was my highlight I just love the sadness and anger of the song and now understand why he's so popular at farm aid.
Oh yes on the way home in the taxi the mrs says- he was in kendals today on our counter buying some perfume. I just looked at her in total dissbelief thinking autograph picture, women theyre not fucking real!!!!

big gaz said:
Glad you enjoyed it Robsta, he was on my wish list till last night. You're right a great mix of old and new and live the new stuff sounded more rootsy than on the cd. Rain on the scarecrow was my highlight I just love the sadness and anger of the song and now understand why he's so popular at farm aid.
Oh yes on the way home in the taxi the mrs says- he was in kendals today on our counter buying some perfume. I just looked at her in total dissbelief thinking autograph picture, women theyre not fucking real!!!!

Lol, typical hey. Rest assured mine would have done the same !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.