John Stones (City willing to sell?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayfx

MANCHESTER CITY are willing to sell John Stones this summer according to the Sun.

"England defender Stones has fallen down Pep Guardiola’s pecking order, with the January arrival of Aymeric Laporte reducing him to fourth choice in central defence."

Surely this is nonsense, Stones was fantastic before is hamstring injury and he's not back to full fitness yet.

With both Otamendi and Kompany in their thirties and especially Kompany's fitness record, why would we consider selling Stones? If anything, Laporte was brought in to replace Kompany, not Stones.

Whilst I would be sad to see him go I can understand why. Stones and Laporte will never be able to play together as our main centre back pairing as two ball playing centre halfs will never work. Laporte is a class above stones I think and with it’s not fair on stones to have him on the bench all the time. If stones is going we need to sign a top drawer ball winning defender as vinny will not get a full season and otamendi was creaking in the big games. I hope they don’t go for Evans but I think he will.

Whilst I would be sad to see him go I can understand why. Stones and Laporte will never be able to play together as our main centre back pairing as two ball playing centre halfs will never work. Laporte is a class above stones I think and with it’s not fair on stones to have him on the bench all the time. If stones is going we need to sign a top drawer ball winning defender as vinny will not get a full season and otamendi was creaking in the big games. I hope they don’t go for Evans but I think he will.
Don’t tellPep that

Injured for a while, came back made mistakes for what 5 games?, then injured again.

Easy story to write that he is leaving. Not having it. The earliest I could see him leaving is next summer if he doesn’t recreate his best form and continues to make mistakes which I think is unlikely.

Stones, in the beginning of the season, was literally perfect. I think that him and Laporte are going to be our CB s pair for the next decade. No way we are selling him to either Arsenal/Pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.