John Stones / Paul Lake

As much as I love Stones he's no Paul Lake. Doesn't run with the ball forward or pass as well as Lakey. Lakey would have an absolute superstar in this team injury free.
I think there are lots of similarities

Both very technical and smooth

Both have so much time on the ball. Like they’re both out for a stroll

Both are brilliant passers of the ball. Weighted perfectly.

Both are perfect for this team. Maybe Lakey would be adapted to play the Gundog’s role more often than not.

Lakey dropping his shoulder. Sending the opposition to the shop along with half the kippax was a sight to behold.

As much as I love Stones he's no Paul Lake. Doesn't run with the ball forward or pass as well as Lakey. Lakey would have an absolute superstar in this team injury free.
I agree with that, Lake would be an absolute dream for Pep. I just think they have nice similarities even down to stature and the way they carry themselves.
Both great players.

Calling @Eccles Blue to the thread!
You are just trying to upset me and make me choose between two great players!!
I’ve met Lakey a few times, lovely man, brilliant player, great Ambassador for our club.
John Boy, I’ve never met but he is a great player and also a great Ambassador.

Soooo, different skill sets in different eras of football. I don’t need to choose Mr @jimharri ! They are both great. Happy Birthday Lakey. Have a great day. :-)

Last edited:
Last time I saw Lake play before his injury was against Everton, he must have been 22 and was already captain. He was playing centre half and was excellent, he had everything he would have needed in the modern game, apart from luck. I think he would have gone on to have a great career be it at City or not. John Stones is similar in style and build, and has done it at the very highest level but for me Lake had more, and I don't think that is looking back with rose tinted glasses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.