John Stones signs new 5 year deal

On top of my earlier point, I'd like to make another argument as to why Stones is underrated.

Many have said and still say that Dias has been the one to save Stones. Whilst this may be somewhat true, it really plays down Stones himself.

If you go back to the post match thread for our win against Wolves at the start of last season, there were a few of us that had noted that Stones was actually looking like the player of old. This was before Dias arrived. It was clear back then that Stones was on the right path, and Dias or no Dias, Stones was set to triumph.

The same with England. People for some stupid reason credit Maguire, but Stones was just as effective with Mings.

I do believe Dias has had a big impact of Stones (particularly with decision making in defence), but Stones himself is the main reason why last season was such a good one.
Stones was even excellent in the midst of his poor period. His performance against Chelsea at home in 2019-20 was one of the best individual performances of that season.

He’s always been a top player, just his injuries and his confidence in his body holding up that was the issue.

To the tune of my old man's a dustman.

John Stones plays for City,
His passes are so cool,
And if its raining heavy,
He'll ware his blue cagoule.

John Stones plays for City,
Under pressure he stands tall,
And when the chance arises,
He'll score it with his balls.

I'll get my coat.

Disappointed wasn't wearing his cagoule for the interview tbh. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.