John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope it is all done. Hope the broke down bit means he is overjoyed to be joining us not he is a nervous wreck or his leg has fallen off!
I like him even more if that is true. Young players might be ridiculously rich to the point but they are still human and the stress they get put under must be massive. Imagine being on the cusp of a life changing move for 12 months and thinking it might never happen.

If he has come to City, then he is going to be made very welcome regardless of all the misgivings about the fee. All the players at City have all come with huge price tags. It's enough that one of the best manager's in world football believes in him.

We expecting any more after this? Stones, Gundogan, Nolito and Sane plus Jesus, Moreno and Zinchenko. We've spent a lot.
Need a keeper quick smart, after yesterday. Even if it means we, ultimately, have to use the 50 million reserved for Stones, (and keep Mangala) to get one.

Last edited:
I think there is something in it, but after being so close for a long time I am hoping that it's going through regardless of what efc do. They might find it very difficult to replace him. I've seen those pictures of Kone in Merseyside but they might be fake or old. I think Sunderland are in a lot of debt, £150m plus, but I can't see them selling their best defender. it would be like accepting that they are going down, and that would be dangerous for them. i'd expect them to put up a lot of resistance to selling Kone.

lots of rumours Sunderland have agreed 18mil bid from Everton for CB Lamine Kone....who knows whats true but maybe thats why things are now moving with Stones...

tumblr_mekmasjZcm1r7j4bg.gif

I like him even more if that is true. Young players might be ridiculously rich to the point but they are still human and the stress they get put under must be massive. Imagine being on the cusp of a life changing move for 12 months and thinking it might never happen.

If he has come to City, then he is going to be made very welcome regardless of all the misgivings about the fee. All the players at City have all come with huge price tags. It's enough that one of the best manager's in world football believes in him.
Agreed Marvin .

Desperately hoping Guardiola played Fernando and Kolarov at CB to convince the board that we needed to cough up the fee for Stones, rather than thinking either would be any good in that position.
Surely it doesn't work like that. We have chased for Pep for years and spent a small fortune to build everything he could want or need as well as giving him the keys to lead the team for the next three years.

Do you think he really needs to do something as childish as playing two none Cbs just to prove a point?
Surely he just gets Sheikh Mansour on the phone and tells him straight.

Either way, delighted that it's done. Looking forward too his first game.

lots of rumours Sunderland have agreed 18mil bid from Everton for CB Lamine Kone....who knows whats true but maybe thats why things are now moving with Stones...
It's about time! Thanks for your updates. Don't like posting the Sun, but it has a Pep story on there from Martin Blackburn so info stacking up

CpXs-UCWgAADt7A.jpg

Surely it doesn't work like that. We have chased for Pep for years and spent a small fortune to build everything he could want or need as well as giving him the keys to lead the team for the next three years.

Do you think he really needs to do something as childish as playing two none Cbs just to prove a point?
Surely he just gets Sheikh Mansour on the phone and tells him straight.

Either way, delighted that it's done. Looking forward too his first game.
I agree. He probably had other motivations which we can only guess at. perhaps he knew Stones was on his way in. Could be all sorts of reasons. I don;t think he'd be at City if he had to operate in such a manner with the City management. he'd just be upfront.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.