John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute master stroke from our PR department and a hell of a power move to remind Pogba he isn't going to be playing in the CL despite all that money.

*gif of the intense man clapping*

I thought that initially, but the quotes Sky are running from the City source say it's a "huge embarrassment" so as funny as it is that everyone is talking about Stones rather than Pogba, we aren't exactly covering ourselves in glory.

I suspect City included Stones in the squad as it will definitely be completed and they want him to play in the qualifiers. City may have beem unaware when the UEFA website would upload the squad lists and were hoping to quietly finalise the details for Stones before announcing the signing either later today or tomorrow.

We'll probably need to announce this today now so not to let the saga drag on even further.

I thought that initially, but the quotes Sky are running from the City source say it's a "huge embarrassment" so as funny as it is that everyone is talking about Stones rather than Pogba, we aren't exactly covering ourselves in glory.

I suspect City included Stones in the squad as it will definitely be completed and they want him to play in the qualifiers. City may have beem unaware when the UEFA website would upload the squad lists and were hoping to quietly finalise the details for Stones before announcing the signing either later today or tomorrow.

We'll probably need to announce this today now so not to let the saga drag on even further.

Surely you can't include a player in a squad list if he isn't officially your player.

I think it looks like amateur hour and if this had happened to them we would be pissing ourselves.
Yeah I think I get your point mate; we shouldn't have included Stones in our Champions League squad list in time and should have waited first for some fancy graphic and interview on the OS, it's obviously more important.

Didn't the same happen to Otamendi last year? I clearly remember some on here have noticed that he was already on our CL list, while City's official statement was missing.

I guess all the stuff about this being 'embarrassing' according to Sky, is because Stones is a UK-based player from a UK-based team, so suddenly they seem to give a shit. But frankly, why on fuckin earth is this even important? An approved UEFA list seems quite genuine to, I wouldn't even care now if the announcement won't appear on our website... (I know it will, I just find the issue irrelevant.)

Some may recall CityTV mistakenly posting Mangala's arrival in Manchester and having his medical and signing, three weeks before it was officially announced.

Doesn't matter if it's an unwanted oversight on our part with Stones, it's done.

If Stones is eligible to play, it's Sky that are embarrassing themselves.

City have played a blinder destroying their Pogba wankfest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.