John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I am the only one but I would take the 20m if it's true. In this coronavirus edition, nobody would pay what we would like imo. Shame because he has bags of talent. God knows what happened to him.

giphy.gif

I don't think he's the kind of player who will do well as backup. He needs confidence and he gets that from knowing he's the main man, and playing all the time.

When he's backup, he has no chance to build that self confidence, he's under pressure to step up and perform.

I can see him having a very good career as the backbone of a mid table PL club, but not here.

Well maybe WHU will be the only club interested on him? I still hope Arsenal will come in and maybe trick them into playing 30m for him. that Mustafi guy is horrible, Stones easily better especially if he can gain focus, sort out his mentality etc. Also Arteta knows him.
Well Moyes knows him too. :)

We have William Saliba now at the club who will come in and take Mustafi's place as the right centre back I'd imagine.

Can Stones play the left sided centre back in a pair, genuine question?

Yes. He is fucking magnificent there. Give us £60m.

Haha, you're asking the wrong club for that. We'll probably offer you 20 Benson & Hedges, a Mouth Organ & a McDonald's Monopoly Old Kent Road sticker.

Either that or Mateo Guendouzi, as Arteta seems desperate to get rid of him.

Not sure what would be the best offer of the 2.

Why is anyone taking any of this seriously ? The papers are full of rubbish and given that we have not sold him yet we do not know what we will get for him. Nor do we know what is wages are. Where has this come from about his wages ? The papers ? Who know nothing.

I think he is getting a lot of unfair stick. Whats the stat about how many goals we have conceded compared to Liverpool ? How many of our mistakes have come from Stones. Give me specifics. To me our the goals against us have not come from set pieces nor even individual errors with the odd exception Mendy. They have come from being over run they are team errors. I have liked him the whole time he has been here but when people started saying he was not strong enough this season I was watching him more carefully and it was him that was going up and winning the arial battles. not the striker or our other CB.

He might want to move on we might want a better CB he might be too injured but I would be happy to keep him in the squad

I don't think he's the kind of player who will do well as backup. He needs confidence and he gets that from knowing he's the main man, and playing all the time.

When he's backup, he has no chance to build that self confidence, he's under pressure to step up and perform.

I can see him having a very good career as the backbone of a mid table PL club, but not here.
Very good point and I agree with you here, if anyone I could see otamendi being happy known he's a back up, and probably could still do a job as that.

Why is anyone taking any of this seriously ? The papers are full of rubbish and given that we have not sold him yet we do not know what we will get for him. Nor do we know what is wages are. Where has this come from about his wages ? The papers ? Who know nothing.

I think he is getting a lot of unfair stick. Whats the stat about how many goals we have conceded compared to Liverpool ? How many of our mistakes have come from Stones. Give me specifics. To me our the goals against us have not come from set pieces nor even individual errors with the odd exception Mendy. They have come from being over run they are team errors. I have liked him the whole time he has been here but when people started saying he was not strong enough this season I was watching him more carefully and it was him that was going up and winning the arial battles. not the striker or our other CB.

He might want to move on we might want a better CB he might be too injured but I would be happy to keep him in the squad

Only started 12 games in the league and didn’t even make the squad for 13 games; those 13 absences were not attributed to physical injury, which rather speaks for where he is in the pecking order. The visit to Carrow Road was not his finest hour, nor Otamendi’s.
DefiniteRecklessCaribou-size_restricted.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.