John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
He might be here next season but Pep will make sure he wont play. He gave up on him last season and no way back imo from that.
There is a reason we brought Ake in and another CB is wanted.

Yeah I think so too. His salary and nobody coming for him plus him eager to try and prove something to the club and to Pep (like he haven’t had enough time), might make him impossible to move.
Hopefully Garcia stays and Koulibaly comes in. That would cement his place as a 5th choice, and by next summer he’ll realize he has to leave in order to revive his career.

He might be here next season but Pep will make sure he wont play. He gave up on him last season and no way back imo from that.
There is a reason we brought Ake in and another CB is wanted.

We would need those players anyway, to replace Kompany & Otamendi.

You actually think Stones has spoken to Pep, been told he's not wanted but decided to stay anyhow, against the manager's wishes ?

Does that seem likely to you, from either side ?

If Pep gives up on you, you can stay but wont play.

Fernandinho will play more in CB then Stones if he stays.
Also Garcia would has no future at City would be played more than Stones.

I just see him stepping up based on the uncertainty for his future. he came out stating he wants to fight for his place and stay at city. So this is the moment. He messes up, hes gone! So hes got it all to do. Remember defenders peak between 26-30. Hes 26 now, and the prime/peak of JS will come about. Give the man his season.
Stepping Stones? Let's hope so because he's been a big sandstone boulder so far. Needs to eat raw meat and run through nettles naked to toughen himself up.

If Pep gives up on you, you can stay but wont play.

Fernandinho will play more in CB then Stones if he stays.
Also Garcia would has no future at City would be played more than Stones.

Strange...since Zinchenko was off to Wolves with Peps blessing, but turned it down to fight for his place....and played rather a lot!

Stepping Stones? Let's hope so because he's been a big sandstone boulder so far. Needs to eat raw meat and run through nettles naked to toughen himself up.

Even if he does all that, he's still likely to have one of his spells of uncertainty & drop us some points, it's just how he is.

Previously, we had Vincent Kompany to step in & steady the ship.

Stones, as a 'rotation' cb, would be just about the highest quality one in world football.

Sign a top cb & Stones is an asset. But we should not be going into a new season with him, Fernandinho or Pep's son, as no.1 choices for cb.

We should have a replacement for Vinny by now, because we should have been looking for one, for 4 years & if we haven't then Pep hasn't put enough importance in ordering it or somebody in scouting/ recruitment hasn't done his job.

I suspect it's both.

He is good enough to start all Cup games ( Except knock out CL )

He can also be good enough to start against most of PL teams ( Apart from top 6 )

I would give him one last dance this season with Laporte, and I think he can regain his place in the team.

Even if he does all that, he's still likely to have one of his spells of uncertainty & drop us some points, it's just how he is.

Previously, we had Vincent Kompany to step in & steady the ship.

Stones, as a 'rotation' cb, would be just about the highest quality one in world football.

Sign a top cb & Stones is an asset. But we should not be going into a new season with him, Fernandinho or Pep's son, as no.1 choices for cb.

We should have a replacement for Vinny by now, because we should have been looking for one, for 4 years & if we haven't then Pep hasn't put enough importance in ordering it or somebody in scouting/ recruitment hasn't done his job.

I suspect it's both.
I agree with all you're saying there. Stones is a big liability and has been a big let down I didn't see happening. when he was going through his good patch for about 6-months I thought he would progress into not only becoming our club captain, but England captain. Disappoined is an understatement and looks like we're lumbered with him another season. I really hope he realises he's in the last chance saloon and pulls his socks up, sharpish.

He is good enough to start all Cup games ( Except knock out CL )

He can also be good enough to start against most of PL teams ( Apart from top 6 )

I would give him one last dance this season with Laporte, and I think he can regain his place in the team.

Norwich and Palace are just two that spring to mind where he was awful.

On top of that, he's never fit. He's good for nothing, sell and get some cash. How can he seriously expect to be at a team that challenges given his form over the past 18 months. Examples need to be made of these sort of players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.