John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still failing to understand why we are being led to believe that Terry and Chelski have been arguing about £20,000 per week. Given the figures being bandied about for signing on fees and City's wage offers, what weirdness would prompt them to be bickering about what is by their standards an insignificant amount of money.

Who in their right minds would turn down £5 million up front plus a five year deal at double the wage rate being offered by their current employers? John Terry will be a laughing stock, I tell you, and how much more stupid will he feel when City take over all the trophy winning he's been used to at Chelski just lately. He is fortunate to be asked to join us. If he doesn't want to, he needs to say so now. It's been going on too nlong for all parties concerned and it's yet another stupid, long-winded distraction.

agree 100% pam spot on... why are chelski doing there bis in public ? ... i still think he will come but either way its time for him to speak

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.dailymail.co.uk/sport</a>

the main headline is something to do with terry, city, and david gill...for some reason. But the picture still links to the Alonso story.....

I wonder..

terry must be in a very sticky situation,in a way,of his own doing...

1.offered an unbelieveable deal by ourselves....will set the terry generations up financially for many a year(not his doing)....but....

2.declaring himself 'mr.chelsea'....'chelsea,s in my blood'/asking for a 10 year contract a couple of years ago......and now knows these comments will come to bite him on his arse should he leave.....

moral dilema i think.................as daft as it sounds,i think he,ll stay at cheski.....

BLUEMOONBAZ said:
agree 100% pam spot on... why are chelski doing there bis in public ? ... i still think he will come but either way its time for him to speak

I'm back to thinking that as well but I had a major wobble earlier.

It is time for him to speak, and I won't be suprised to hear him shun our interest and stay at Chelsea, only problem is this shouldn't have ever entered the public eye. We haven't lost ought from this saga just a shame that Terry is too Mr Chelsea to leave them.

ignore my previous comment chaps, its on now....

nothing to worry about, just an annoying little prick from over the road moaning about our wage bill...should probably worry about his debts first

Timbobs said:
Pam said:
I don't like Chelsea because Chelsea aren't City. And because you are all twatzoids.

I was sticking up for you, I was pointing out that he's saying you're obsessed with Chelsea, but he's a Chelsea fan who has joined a City forum.

I know you were sticking up for me. Cheers.

davj292 said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport

the main headline is something to do with terry, city, and david gill...for some reason. But the picture still links to the Alonso story.....

I wonder..

Here's the article:

Warning shot: Chelsea and City's huge wage bill will spark meltdown, warns United chief Gill

By Ian Ladyman and Simon Jones
Last updated at 10:51 PM on 23rd July 2009

Manchester United chief executive David Gill has warned big-spending Chelsea and Manchester City they face uncertain futures at the whim of billionaire owners who are lavishing millions on buying short-term success.

With City poised to offer Chelsea £50million for captain John Terry and hand him £1m a month in wages, this summer has seen a staggering increase in the top money paid to the Barclays Premier League’s star players.

And the backlash against huge spending grew last night, with UEFA warning they are considering ways of disciplining clubs if they spend too much by banning them from European competition.

In the wake of Sportsmail’s revelations that City are wooing 28-year-old Terry with a £250,000 a week pay offer, Gill said: ‘We’re not in the market for 27, 28 or 29-year-olds for loads of money. It doesn’t make sense. We have our own models and targets and we are operating within those. That’s because we are operating for the medium and long term.

‘We are not at the whim of someone pulling out and losing interest. You’d have to speak to those clubs about their plans for the medium and long term.’

Gill defended United’s decision not to spend all of the £80m they banked from the sale of Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid and suggested he and manager Sir Alex Ferguson are protecting the club’s long-term interests by not paying excessive wages and transfer fees.

Real seem determined to add Liverpool’s unsettled Xabi Alonso to their collection of new galacticos. Sporting director Miguel Pardeza said: ‘Alonso is not a fad.’
Xabi Alonso of Liverpool

Liverpool’s valuation is £35m and Real have made a £25m bid, but Pardeza added: ‘I’ve not given up hope we can solve this.’

City are in the middle of a £150m spree and this has alarmed UEFA president Michel Platini, who wants a ‘club financial control panel’ to curb spending.

He wants incentives for clubs to act within their means and disciplinary action for those who don’t, with bans from European competition or points deductions.

The proposals will be put forward next month and UEFA spokesman said: ‘To be viable, salaries and transfers should be proportionate to the generated income. Clubs should invest in youth sectors, and use their homegrown talent to reinforce their squads.’

It is suggested spending should be included as part of UEFA’s club licensing system but the plan is likely to lead to more conflict with UEFA.

Having cogitated (I'll clean it up later), either chelski are going for the double kick in the bollocks i.e. You ain't getting him and we'll have you for trying, or..he's told them he wants to talk to us, and they don't know what to do? But, imo, the ammounts of money being mentioned are getting a bit sick now, which is putting me off the deal completely (in this case). I would like to have him, but not at any price. Fook me, am loving the ride. It's just a bit faster than I think we all expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.