John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
zolas_big_toe said:
not my fault! said:
zolas_big_toe said:
So the media go mental with it, despite nothing having actually changed in reality.

This is exactly like the Lampard situation last year, except that Lampard publicly stated he'd considered a move. What happened? Lampard got a mega contract, I think Terry might have seen a chance in this whole situation.

So would he not be a money grabber either way to your fans?
Signs for City "he only did it for the money, sold his soul"
Stays at Chelski but gets a nice pay rise "He has shown he is loyal to the club and never wanted to move"
Cant have it both ways, and regardless of what you think either option is about money. The difference is we see him as a bonus and money isnt an option but you see it as a crisis and the soul being ripped out the club if he goes. I dont hink he will come but if he does then great, I think City should go all out to make sure they cause waves in your club though by trying as hard as they can to get him in. We cant lose on this transfer, either way we are now being taken seriously by the media, the top 4 and the rest of Europe. Happy days.

I did see Lampard as a bit greedy for going for a better contract, but he's only human, i'd definately do the same ;) And it helped that he had an absolutely brilliant season afterwards.

I don't see it as a crisis because i don't believe at all that he will move, if you look at the chelsea forums you'll see the majority believe the same.

It won't really be win/win if you get rejected by another player, nobody is really going to take you seriously until you finish in the top 4, and at the moment you're still several players away from a Europa league position.

I think you have just summed up your knowledge of football

Marvin said:
Whatever happens now, the relationship between CFC and Terry will never be the same.
Reminds me of Ronaldo and Utd last Summer, and Adebayor and Barcelona/Milan. No point keeping players who are unhappy.

I've been reading about this situation and i felt the need to post and sign up. I don't blame City for going on a spending spree since you need money to challenge for the top 4 and that's a fact.

I know everyone who is a Man City fan have every right to feel excited at this moment in time however too say the relationship between Chelsea and Terry will never be the same. Ok, tell me are you in the training sessions with JT and the chelsea camp? Do you have JT's phone number? I bet you have him on speed dial!

Everyone is reading into tabloids too much about this situation when nobody and i mean nobody knows what is going on and that is a fact.

I could come on this forum and say you have made an official bid for Ronaldinho and 90 percent of you would believe me, with the money you have it's very easy to be gullable.

What do i think is going to happen? From a personal point of view JT's agent has told him to keep quiet to hold out for a better contract and John Terry will fly too the states and then come home and sign a new contract with Chelsea making him the highest paid player at the club and rightly so.

Anyway good luck with the season ahead and i really hope you make a real challenge as i love the premiership too be more exciting than La Real Barcaliga.

SuperEssien said:
Marvin said:
Whatever happens now, the relationship between CFC and Terry will never be the same.
Reminds me of Ronaldo and Utd last Summer, and Adebayor and Barcelona/Milan. No point keeping players who are unhappy.

I've been reading about this situation and i felt the need to post and sign up. I don't blame City for going on a spending spree since you need money to challenge for the top 4 and that's a fact.

I know everyone who is a Man City fan have every right to feel excited at this moment in time however too say the relationship between Chelsea and Terry will never be the same. Ok, tell me are you in the training sessions with JT and the chelsea camp? Do you have JT's phone number? I bet you have him on speed dial!

Everyone is reading into tabloids too much about this situation when nobody and i mean nobody knows what is going on and that is a fact.

I could come on this forum and say you have made an official bid for Ronaldinho and 90 percent of you would believe me, with the money you have it's very easy to be gullable.

What do i think is going to happen? From a personal point of view JT's agent has told him to keep quiet to hold out for a better contract and John Terry will fly too the states and then come home and sign a new contract with Chelsea making him the highest paid player at the club and rightly so.

Anyway good luck with the season ahead and i really hope you make a real challenge as i love the premiership too be more exciting than La Real Barcaliga.

Cheers mate, you are always welcome. I do have a couple of points though... Why not just ask for more money, rather than play games using the 3 bids. If JT comes to Romans table and says I want to leave will put him in a bad situation. However by not saying anything to the press that he'd prefer to stay at his beloved club it creates doubt for the fans as well.

I agree its a long shot, JT to City but must leave a doubt and that is 1 hell of a dangerous game to play

Silence from Terry is interesting to say the least however if it comes down to him having to hand in a transfer request to get a move i doubt he'll do it but i hope i'm wrong

SuperEssien said:
Marvin said:

Good post, but it's not me who needs convincing that Terry's heart is still in Chelsea, it's your own fans.

Based on his silence, and City's interest, I'd say he wants out. And I think a lot of Chelsea fans will come to the same conclusion. Whether he leaves is another matter.

SuperEssien said:
Marvin said:

I have to say that's how I read the situation....however JT has been poorly advised IMHO and could have handled this situation much better by putting his contract in the public..something on the lines of "I am currently fully commited to chelsea and would welcome the chance to review my contract to put to rest these rumours surrounding my future". This puts the ball firmly into chelseas court but doesn't rule out a move....

metalblue said:
zolas_big_toe said:
not my fault! said:
zolas_big_toe said:
So the media go mental with it, despite nothing having actually changed in reality.

This is exactly like the Lampard situation last year, except that Lampard publicly stated he'd considered a move. What happened? Lampard got a mega contract, I think Terry might have seen a chance in this whole situation.

So would he not be a money grabber either way to your fans?
Signs for City "he only did it for the money, sold his soul"
Stays at Chelski but gets a nice pay rise "He has shown he is loyal to the club and never wanted to move"
Cant have it both ways, and regardless of what you think either option is about money. The difference is we see him as a bonus and money isnt an option but you see it as a crisis and the soul being ripped out the club if he goes. I dont hink he will come but if he does then great, I think City should go all out to make sure they cause waves in your club though by trying as hard as they can to get him in. We cant lose on this transfer, either way we are now being taken seriously by the media, the top 4 and the rest of Europe. Happy days.

I did see Lampard as a bit greedy for going for a better contract, but he's only human, i'd definately do the same ;) And it helped that he had an absolutely brilliant season afterwards.

I don't see it as a crisis because i don't believe at all that he will move, if you look at the chelsea forums you'll see the majority believe the same.

It won't really be win/win if you get rejected by another player, nobody is really going to take you seriously until you finish in the top 4, and at the moment you're still several players away from a Europa league position.

I think you have just summed up your knowledge of football
What are you upset because i said you are still a few players away from a Europa league position? All you've done is bought attacking players despite scoring not being your problem. Look at your goals conceded in the league table. Football teams need balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.