Joint accounts

journolud

All you married/ living together folks out there do you have joint accounts ? I don't and would never want to, I like to have my own money and spend when i want.

We have both

We have a joint account where we put a set amount in each month to pay all the mortgage, bills, food etc

Then we have our own individual ones to use how we want

xwise

We have joint accounts and just share everything.

I've never understood how anyone can do any different, myself.

What happens if one of you is skint but needs some cash? Do you borrow it from one another?

Seem odd to me

My partner said years ago that she never wanted a joint account and never wanted to get married - she declared that both would compromise her independence and there was no need for either of them. Now she wants a joint account and to get married but I wouldn't dream of compromising her independence - or my own.

We've got both to.

Joint one for mortgage & bills etc.

And individual ones that our wages are put in.

If one of us is skint the other pays, no borrowing involved.

But nice to know that the joint account has always money to cover bills, no matter what we spend other money on (City, ahem!!)

We actually have two joint accounts. A Bills one where we put a few grand in at the beginning of each month by direct debit, to cover the bills, and the main one.

It works fine.

Joint Accounts / Thumb Accounts

I work with some lads whos girl friends dont work, they just go out spending there money all day!! when its there turn to spend some, their told "we cant afford it" !!!

*Now where did i put that card*

Didsbury Dave said:
We have joint accounts and just share everything.

I've never understood how anyone can do any different, myself.

What happens if one of you is skint but needs some cash? Do you borrow it from one another?

Seem odd to me

Yep. Totally agree.

urmston said:
My partner said years ago that she never wanted a joint account and never wanted to get married - she declared that both would compromise her independence and there was no need for either of them. Now she wants a joint account and to get married but I wouldn't dream of compromising her independence - or my own.

Out - FUCKING - Standing!

I applaud you!

Vonk's Konk said:
We've got both to.

Joint one for mortgage & bills etc.

And individual ones that our wages are put in.

If one of us is skint the other pays, no borrowing involved.

But nice to know that the joint account has always money to cover bills, no matter what we spend other money on (City, ahem!!)

This and it works great because there are no rows about my season ticket or yearly golf membership (both from my own account) - I put a big chunk in at the beginning of each month and let her administer it all, to be very fair to her a couple times in the year she will say I need to take some of the money back out of that account into my own.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.