Joleon, Joleon, Joleon, Joleeeeoooon

Marvin said:
SWP deserved MOM, but Lescott had a great game.

A good player, and showing a lot of character.

Totally agree

I think this guy had a massive shock with the expectation on him in the first few games, I noticed against Hull and tonight he was gobby, I think Denzil will grow

Here's one for the capatain calamity lovers who are always telling us how much a better job Dunney would do over Lescott:

Arsenal played a ball in the box on about 73 minutes, it was behind Lescott and he was facing goal but he stuck out a leg and cleared it for a corner. Dunney would have stuck that in his own net, Lescott didn't. Dunney lovers would have come on and told us 'at least Dunney was there to put it in, if he hadn't touched it they would have scored anyway'

Great to see Lescott settling in well in the last few games, despite all the shit-houses writing him off and slating the poor fella when he first came

He's found his rhythm and his place in the defence, good for him!
Think the key for him has been 1) time and 2) stopped bombing forward as much, giving him more stability at the back.

Keep it up!

He was great tonight, well happy for him. A guy near me slags him non stop and even he give it a rest for the night!

Fesan said:
He's found his rhythm and his place in the defence, good for him!
Think the key for him has been 1) time and 2) stopped bombing forward as much, giving him more stability at the back.

Keep it up!

Agreed M8 , good post. Am I wrong or did the back 4 not look a little more 'man-for-man' in style tonight ?

Definitely looked like there was a lot more communication going on tonight, albeit more in the second half. I found Bellamy covering Bridge a fair bit in the first. Micah played well, wee bit shabby going up but defended very well imo, and I've been trying to say this about him for a while now!

I still think we need to press the ball more when not in possession. Late on we did well, but there were a few times that we just let them play it through midfield which is the biggest no no again the Arse (which really shows how much De Jong does for us)

Nice to see some sound tactical moves from MH too. Kompany on to sure up midfield and giving Vladi a well earned shot (great goal too).

Top performance all around, now do it against Chelski :P

Thought he was great tonight. Defensively he was sound but I'd still like to see him passing the ball out of defence rather than hoofing it back to the opponents although I'm aware that may be a bigger issue and not solely down to Joleon.

I'm splitting hairs though, he was great.

Sky Blue said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Even my Gwladyator Evertonian renegade son said he was OK tonight. High praise indeed, for the Goodison escapee.

Wow, I never knew that your son supported Everton, first time you have mentioned it! ;)

LOL I was going to put the same thing - you'd have thought he would have said something earlier.......

nicolai said:
Definitely looked like there was a lot more communication going on tonight, albeit more in the second half. I found Bellamy covering Bridge a fair bit in the first. Micah played well, wee bit shabby going up but defended very well imo, and I've been trying to say this about him for a while now!

I still think we need to press the ball more when not in possession. Late on we did well, but there were a few times that we just let them play it through midfield which is the biggest no no again the Arse (which really shows how much De Jong does for us)

Nice to see some sound tactical moves from MH too. Kompany on to sure up midfield and giving Vladi a well earned shot (great goal too).

Top performance all around, now do it against Chelski :P

WE need to be playing more in the faces of oppos when not in possession, you're dead right. We paid a high price at the swamp for shuffling back as they came at us , which gives the a) time on the ball and therefore decision time and b) yardage.

Me and a few others were screaming for players to get tackling... JEEZ it's not rocket science... get in their faces, cut down their thinking time and angles..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.