Joleon Lescott

without a dream

Being played offside by Martin Demichelis
I a quick look and I can't see anything about one of our few rays of positivity yesterday. IMO he's picked up where he left off when he was injured, he was class yesterday despite constantly covering for Toure, he'll always be slated for that price-tag but more performances like that and the 6 or so before he got injured will do me nicely.

In a strange way I feel sorry for him. There will always be those looking to criticise the man who replaced Richard Dunne, an all-time Manchester City favourite, at the club especially for the £24,000,000 pricetag. In my opinion we payed double his worth realistically but if he puts in performances like that then I am more than happy. In a strange way I felt he was more at ease with Garrido than with Bridge though. Did anyone else feel that?

Yep, he's looked top class since his return. He and Komps, if tutored properly, could turn out to be a title winning partnership.

guest5234 said:
Still not as good as Dunny.

Not been here long enough for a purposeful comparison. I think the initial millstone of the £24m is sitting more easily on his shoulders and it is showing in his play. He is looking much more solid than he did at the start of the season, and I expect it won't be long before he overtakes the performances Dickey Dunne put in.

Lescott is quality and clearly appears to care (check out goal celebrations/inquests). Yes everyone agrees he was overpriced but Everton didn't want to sell and didn't need to either, so the value went up over the odds. You can't compare this with Dunne, who was becoming surplus so his value had reduced.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.