joleon lescott

Joleon was very good and should now be given an extended run to see if he and Komps are the real deal together.

I don't think it wise to let him go for say £8m and then buy David Luiz for £23m.......when Joleon could be the answer.

Jole is better in the air than Kolo and for me a better defender.

He was doing well last season when he got his injury which kept him out for the rest of the season.

Still don't think Mancini is happy with his ball control, he looks uncomfortable with the ball at his feet, but in the air he is excellent

lescott gets far too much flak from certain posters
he started off poorly when he first joined but was starting to come good when he got injured just as Roberto got the gig
he wasn't able to force himself back into the team after that

today he stood up to the arial battles better than most would and he's happy to put his body on the line
would luiz do the same?

Played well today and he is solid enough but he just doesn't have the football brain or passing ability that Bobby requires.

He got his head on everything but he can't pass for toffee, so will never become a first choice in this City side. It was pissing me off today that the rest of the team would work hard to retain the ball and switch the play around, then it would come to Lescott and he'd balloon it as far as he could with no thought whatsoever. Really annoying when you have Silva, Yaya and co trying to play football. He did well to beat their big forwards to virtually every header, but he's still nowhere near good enough to start for us. This new City has more possession than the opposition in every game, so composure and passing have become essential attributes for our players. Lescott doesn't have either of them and will be sold at the earliest opportunity, imo.

Seems to have regained a yard of pace, looks like the player I thought we were buying from Everton.

Just think that he is fully fit for pretty much the first time since we signed him.

Rammy Blue said:
Seems to have regained a yard of pace, looks like the player I thought we were buying from Everton.

Just think that he is fully fit for pretty much the first time since we signed him.
agreed, think he still has a lot to offer us, can play left back aswell, just hope he can stay fit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.