joleon lescott

Gelsons Dad said:
He looked really out of place when he came on. His passing was so bad that VK stopped looking to pass to him. Sooner we're rid the better.

He looked like a good defender so how do you see that as out of place.Or is it just that you don't like him and have to have a go despite everyone else confirming he had a really good game?

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Gelsons Dad said:
He looked really out of place when he came on. His passing was so bad that VK stopped looking to pass to him. Sooner we're rid the better.

He looked like a good defender so how do you see that as out of place.Or is it just that you don't like him and have to have a go despite everyone else confirming he had a really good game?

Telling it as I saw it today. He hoofed the ball downfield to no one on several occasions. Our "good" defenders can pass, dribble, turn, shield, tackle, block and head. Lescott can block, tackle and head. He has half a game and we need complete players in all positions. It's why Zab plays ahead of him on the left and ahead of Richards on the right.

Anyone at the game will have noticed how VK stopped passing to him after his hoof in the second half just after AK was sent off. When on CB doesn't trust the other to be in possession then you know something is wrong.

A defender's first job is to defend and he is a first class defender as he showed today when we needed it. He isn't a great passer of the ball of course I know that but that means it's important that other players come to him to get the ball and make good easy angles to make a pass.Thankfully he has the sense not to pratt about on the ball when those options are not there and that will mean he gets rid longer.Thankfully also we have players like Barry,Nigel,David and Yaya that do come for the ball.

It was his long ball down the left I recall that set up a chance in the 2nd half. To actually start a thread though to have a dig at him when he had a good game I still think is pretty low.

Gelsons Dad said:
Nonsense.

He just isn't good enough, im sorry but i just dont agree, he can tackle and head the basics he does fine, but put pressure on him when he has the ball at his feet and his head just goes. Im in fear every time the ball gets passed to him but i know he is capable of winning a tackle or header, he gets the basics right he just is no good with the ball.

Rammy Blue said:
Seems to have regained a yard of pace, looks like the player I thought we were buying from Everton.

Just think that he is fully fit for pretty much the first time since we signed him.

Good comments.

Joleon Lescott = The Incredible Hulk.

Man that dude is ripped.

Yeah it's a little off topic but that's one strong guy!

I think Hughes bought him as a free scoring defender
Price was way too high in any event but hes suffered because he stopped the goalscoring
I think if we had the player he was at Everton more City fans would be happy to keep him

Delighted with his performance. So strong in the air.

For months several of our fringe players have pretty much stunk the place out when they get a chance. SWP and Joleon have finally stepped up... maybe it's shop window syndrome but it's still a huge relief.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.