Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that there are two reasons for the hostility towards Evans. Firstly people genuinely don't rate him, secondly he's ex United.

So, what if he turns out to be a decent signing? If he exceeds our expectations?

Players that turn out to be better than expected usually are extremely popular with fans, not just at City but everywhere. We liked to be proved wrong, love it when a signing turns out to be a jewel (even if only semi precious) rather than a turd.

A few posters have mentioned the spitting incident and him being a United fan. But I don't really think the animosity towards Evans is personal. He's not a Keane or Neville. If we held a poll of the most hated United players he wouldn't make the top 50, probably not the top 100. The real reason for the animosity is that he's one of their cast offs, and we thought the days of City signing United cast offs were long gone. He's not a Tevez, a player their fans really wanted to keep. He's a player that they sold cheap to WBA. Which means that United fans will be taking the piss out of City fans because we've signed a United reject. And if he flops, costs us the league, they'll keep on taking the piss. The flip side though is that, if he succeeds, he provides plenty of ammunition for City fans to take the piss out of United fans. We'll dine out on one of their rejects lifting the PL or CL trophy at City.

I can see him becoming a cult hero!
He'll be another sinclair

Merson rates him which is all you need to know

Reported it will take 35m to get the deal done.
No point hanging around, just get it done txixi!

35 fukin millions he was only worth 6 four years ago. We are really setting ourselves up for a good pisstake. For the Johnny lovers how high are you willing to pay. ...........And yes I know it ain't my money

I am sure post take over not many blues would believe we are letting Tony Pullis try playing hard ball over Jonnie Evans We started the window at The Midland fine dining and now KFC?? Also why have we let Girona have Maffeo when we have had the mother of all battles to obtain defenders

Pulis is trying to be the new Daniel Levy.

Jonny is not for sale

Later on

City will have to come back with a better offer.
Actually listening to Pullis' comments it sounds like he's acknowledging he's likely off.

Whilst many on this forum don't rate the interest in Evans, which is fair enough, perhaps the relevant point is that Pep appears to feel that he could fulfill the position ?

Or perhaps that is too simplistic ?

35 fukin millions he was only worth 6 four years ago. We are really setting ourselves up for a good pisstake. For the Johnny lovers how high are you willing to pay. ...........And yes I know it ain't my money
35 million for jonny fucking evans

Have I moved to a parallel universie wtf is going on

Whilst many on this forum don't rate the interest in Evans, which is fair enough, perhaps the relevant point is that Pep appears to feel that he could fulfill the position ?

Or perhaps that is too simplistic ?
They think he's making a mistake, but 2900 posts in no one has come up with a home grown alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.