Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tosin isn't anywhere near good enough mate. I've watched him enough to know that. Also we're not buying a 1st choice CB otherwise we'd be in for VVD. We're buying a 4 choice one.
I don't even think it is a matter of 4th choice. Pep showed last season that there isn't really such a thing, he just rotates the CBs and they will all get plenty of games. No doubt if Kompany is fit, he will rightly be considered the main CB and will start any big matches but I reckon the other three will just be rotated. FWIW, I think we should have prioritised VVD because if Kompany's calf goes again then I believe we will be right in the shit at the back but that said, I don't think Evans is any worse than Stones or Otamendi and I'd certainly rather have him than Kolarov. Tosin needs a loan out for a season.

I think that we haven't given enough priority to the CH position and now we are left with this situation. I don't believe for one second he was on any of our lists and is a direct result of Alvez going to PSG and affecting our budget. We have now thought Evans will do rather than we have always wanted him.

You are possibly right, but if we are aiming at Sanchez or Mbappe , we clearly don't want to exhaust our funds by going for a marquee cb signing .

You're moaning when we've signed Ederson, Walker, Danilo, Mendy, Silva and now Evans. We've been fucking mint in terms of transfers since Peps arrived.

Apart from the full back situation that was never addressed last summer

I don't even think it is a matter of 4th choice. Pep showed last season that there isn't really such a thing, he just rotates the CBs and they will all get plenty of games. No doubt if Kompany is fit, he will rightly be considered the main CB and will start any big matches but I reckon the other three will just be rotated. FWIW, I think we should have prioritised VVD because if Kompany's calf goes again then I believe we will be right in the shit at the back but that said, I don't think Evans is any worse than Stones or Otamendi and I'd certainly rather have him than Kolarov. Tosin needs a loan out for a season.

Maybe. My understanding is that Pep would like to give Vinny/Stones as many minutes together as possible this season whether it's in a 3 or 2, so I reckon we'll see a lot of them playing together. The others for sure will get rotated. I guess 4th choice is a bit misleading because they will all play - but then why would Evans be coming if he wasn't gonna play at all!

I think that we haven't given enough priority to the CH position and now we are left with this situation. I don't believe for one second he was on any of our lists and is a direct result of Alvez going to PSG and affecting our budget. We have now thought Evans will do rather than we have always wanted him.
It does feel that way. A few on Bluemoon have been suggesting for some time that cover for Kompany should be a top priority. We're going down the route of a 4th choice rather than improving what we have which I think is fair enough. Stones disappointed last season, but I reckon there's a lot more to come from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.