Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus christ. That paragraph is the definition of hyperbole

This was Evans at our place. Didn't do a single thing, like someone who won the lottery to play for a PL team.

I was at the stands and things that I assume won't be on camera won't be in that video above, but he was absolutely very poor without the ball. Positioning, telling his other defenders to make wrong decisions, indecisiveness, I remembered because he was by far the worst player of the 22 on the pitch, and Kompany was back in form.

Thank Mangala for blocking the Evans transfer. Our expectation is that Evans would have been 4th choice. But I shudder to think Pep might rate him more than Otamendi and make Evans-Kompany our first team pair. That would be a disaster, and then comes the Bravo like stubbornness by playing him 10 games more than he should before Pep is the last person to realise that Evans is the cause for us floating around 5th-6th. Thank Mangala.

1st goal i counted 9 defenders 2nd 10, 3rd 9 and thats only what i could see

Last edited:
That's a fair assessment IMO, just think an average PL centre half (Evans) would have been better for us than the accidents that are Stones, Otamendi and Mangala. They are terrible.

They are all individually better than Evans, except perhaps Mangala.

Stones was considered the brightest CB prospect in the country when we signed him. The way people have written him off after one middling season is disgusting. It's ignorant, arrogant and spoilt. A lot of City fans are becoming that way.

Stones was considered the brightest CB prospect in the country when we signed him. The way people have written him off after one middling season is disgusting. It's ignorant, arrogant and spoilt. A lot of City fans are becoming that way.

most are sheep who believe what the media say as with sterling.

That's a fair assessment IMO, just think an average PL centre half (Evans) would have been better for us than the accidents that are Stones, Otamendi and Mangala. They are terrible.
Yeah see where you are coming from. Otto's constant lunges, Stones and his feeble challenge on Lukaku last season that led to a goal home to Everton and the Mangler totally taken to the cleaners by
the same player at Goodison a couple of years back. No Vinny= Meltdown I fear.

When we signed him, Stones couldn't get in the Everton team on a regular basis. It isn't really one middling season overall, he has been average for at least 2 years and even when he was being lauded as the future of England centre backs, it was mainly due to his composure on the ball, rather than his actual defensive quality. He has shown nothing to suggest he is a £50m defender and currently, it seems he can only get in our line up when we switch to a back 3.

When we signed him, Stones couldn't get in the Everton team on a regular basis. It isn't really one middling season overall, he has been average for at least 2 years and even when he was being lauded as the future of England centre backs, it was mainly due to his composure on the ball, rather than his actual defensive quality. He has shown nothing to suggest he is a £50m defender and currently, it seems he can only get in our line up when we switch to a back 3.

You can have your own opinions but not your own facts. He was first choice for Everton in his last season, playing 33/38 league games. Aged 20.

He's had two seasons at City and just turned 23 yet people are writing him off. What a joke.

I'm not saying he's a great defender but would I prefer him over JFE? Every time. If you wouldn't I think you need to watch more football.

You can have your own opinions but not your own facts. He was first choice for Everton in his last season, playing 33/38 league games. Aged 20.

He's had two seasons at City and just turned 23 yet people are writing him off. What a joke.

I'm not saying he's a great defender but would I prefer him over JFE? Every time. If you wouldn't I think you need to watch more football.

I dont disagree about Evans, I didnt want him here and was glad we didnt sign him. That alone doesn't make Stones the right man for the job. Nobody, me included, is writing him off but his performances so far, have been nowhere near the required level on a consistent basis.

Lots of us didn't want Stones to be signed because to lots of us he didn't look like a decent defender. When he was signed we just hoped we were wrong and we still are hoping (and criticizing).

Nobody on here wants him to fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.