Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread, as if it were needed, is definitive proof that we have some utter, utter bellends supporting us.

Is Evans great? Nope.

Is he an experienced defender who has won 3 titles and a champions league? Yep.

Happy to be 4th choice? Probably, yep.

Homegrown? Yep.

Available for about £20 million? More than likely.

Alternatives that tick the above boxes? Nope.

We won the title in 2014 with Demichelis and 2012 with Lescott for fuck's sake! This isn't a knock on either of those two (I actually really liked Lescott) but Evans is a miles better defender than Demichelis and a much better footballer than Lescott and I doubt he'll play anywhere near the number of games that those two did.

Those people pissing and moaning about Denayer and Tosin are talking shite. Denayer was fucking awful at Sunderland (I'm sure
Kneville Neville will be along soon to tell me that it's the club's fault that he was shite) and Tosin is miles away from being able to play first team football. He needs to go out on loan.

Anyone lamenting Mangala not getting a chance can also fuck right off. You were probably the same ****s giving him dogs abuse week in week out in 14/15.
Right on the money fella.

This thread, as if it were needed, is definitive proof that we have some utter, utter bellends supporting us.

Is Evans great? Nope.

Is he an experienced defender who has won 3 titles and a champions league? Yep.

Happy to be 4th choice? Probably, yep.

Homegrown? Yep.

Available for about £20 million? More than likely.

Alternatives that tick the above boxes? Nope.

We won the title in 2014 with Demichelis and 2012 with Lescott for fuck's sake! This isn't a knock on either of those two (I actually really liked Lescott) but Evans is a miles better defender than Demichelis and a much better footballer than Lescott and I doubt he'll play anywhere near the number of games that those two did.

Those people pissing and moaning about Denayer and Tosin are talking shite. Denayer was fucking awful at Sunderland (I'm sure
Kneville Neville will be along soon to tell me that it's the club's fault that he was shite) and Tosin is miles away from being able to play first team football. He needs to go out on loan.

Anyone lamenting Mangala not getting a chance can also fuck right off. You were probably the same ****s giving him dogs abuse week in week out in 14/15.

Not rating Evans = being a bellend. Ok then.

18mil bid for Evans? If this is true, Pep must have very little confidence in Tosin, Denayer or Mangala to be able to play in this team.

Sure hope this means we going big after a striker...

It is a ridiculous fee but then again what isnt these days. A player with huge experience at an age where he is entering peak years as a pro.

We have spent a fortune on our defence - mangala and stones both on their potential. Otamendi on a mix of reputation, potential and an "attractive" financial deal. Van Dijk is yet another signing on those lines. But for an outrageous fee.

Instead Evans represents more sensible business really. We know he can do it in the league and we know exactly what we are signing. Kompany was an underwhelming signing, pretty dross when he first played as a DM too. Equally zabaleta. Yet look what happened. Ask most city fans back then if they thought either would be City legends and helped the club to two league titles....

Need to be a lot less snobby when it comes to transfers. Our squad has won us the league and not our first 11. Dzeko...milner... we have lacked the same impact from our bench until this season.

Evans coming on late on would make me feel confident we could defend a lead. We now have such a strong bench and he adds cover.

18m is still crazy but keeps 42m available for someone else.

I'd rather not. You think Evans would be a good signing, I'm not convinced. Think that's all there is to it.

I said we could do worse. Could also do a lot better i accept that. BUT if we are looking at 2 additional foreign players then our options for a 4th choice home grown centre back, ideally with experience and leadership qualities is extremely limited. If the homegrown element isn't an issue then probably would hope we would look elsewhere.

Would be a good signing. But for around 15m. He's a good player. Not sure that you could get much better without offsetting the balance. I think we need a settled backline and bringing somebody who would expect to play week in week out might cause more issues than it solves. Evans would be a strong squad player. He knows the league, doesn't have any major weaknesses. Roy Keane and Whiskey Nose both rave over him so I'd say there's some hidden qualities in the player that we maybe don't get to see from the terraces or the television. I'm all for this one.

It is a ridiculous fee but then again what isnt these days. A player with huge experience at an age where he is entering peak years as a pro.

We have spent a fortune on our defence - mangala and stones both on their potential. Otamendi on a mix of reputation, potential and an "attractive" financial deal. Van Dijk is yet another signing on those lines. But for an outrageous fee.

Instead Evans represents more sensible business really. We know he can do it in the league and we know exactly what we are signing. Kompany was an underwhelming signing, pretty dross when he first played as a DM too. Equally zabaleta. Yet look what happened. Ask most city fans back then if they thought either would be City legends and helped the club to two league titles....

Need to be a lot less snobby when it comes to transfers. Our squad has won us the league and not our first 11. Dzeko...milner... we have lacked the same impact from our bench until this season.

Evans coming on late on would make me feel confident we could defend a lead. We now have such a strong bench and he adds cover.

18m is still crazy but keeps 42m available for someone else.
I was buzzing when we signed Kompany. The guy was touted as a wonderkid for years, likes of Arsenal and United had tried to sign him previous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.