Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
He only had a year left on his contract though I think, and the market in 2015 was very different to now. I’m probably clutching at straws, but maybe Guardiola can greatly improve Evans too as he has with Delph (although I concede it’s not worked with Mangala).

I thought we paid his release clause? In any case, even if he does improve, the guy is 30. It's not like we'd get 5 years of good performances out of him. Even in this market, £20m is not the kind of money that you'd want to throw away. It's not a Demichelis-style stopgap. Those funds would go a good way towards a promising young centre half with potential future value. We should be looking for Kompany's replacement.

I thought we paid his release clause? In any case, even if he does improve, the guy is 30. It's not like we'd get 5 years of good performances out of him. Even in this market, £20m is not the kind of money that you'd want to throw away. It's not a Demichelis-style stopgap. Those funds would go a good way towards a promising young centre half with potential future value. We should be looking for Kompany's replacement.
Agree 30m can go to a younger CB our issue though is a back 4 of walker stones mangala delph has no mature head and if Pep wants someone as a calming influence who makes the rest of the back 4 calm down JFE could actually fit the bill.

tenor.gif

Agree 30m can go to a younger CB our issue though is a back 4 of walker stones mangala delph has no mature head and if Pep wants someone as a calming influence who makes the rest of the back 4 calm down JFE could actually fit the bill.

Walker, Otamendi and Delph are not exactly kids. I personally think that we've got enough experience. Although I take your point that none of these are leaders in the same vein as Kompany, I don't that that you could put Evans into that category either. Twenty million goes at least half way towards a quality centre half. In a couple of years we're going to be struggling to get this guy off our books. I simply cannot conceive of any realistic scenario in which this transfer would turn out to be good business.

I simply cannot conceive of any realistic scenario in which this transfer would turn out to be good business.
I don't know, what about if we insure him for £50m and he then has an 'accident' before he can make his debut?

The insurer would probably die from uncontrollable laughter upon claiming his value to be £50m.
Not if we point out what Lukaku cost, with Ed Woodward in football virtually any fucking Sunday league carthorse could be sold for £100m and Johnny Fucking Evans is probably worth about half of one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.