Jordan Rhodes.....

Re: Jordan Rhodes

meeesh said:
jimharri said:
quiet_riot said:
Jonathan...who? He can't have scored any memorable goals with a name like that.
True; I don't remember him scoring anything memorable for us whilst he was here!

Got one against the rags which is always nice,and 1 in the spurs fa cup comeback match as well !!
Worth the money for those two alone.

Re: Jordan Rhodes

meeesh said:
jimharri said:
quiet_riot said:
Jonathan...who? He can't have scored any memorable goals with a name like that.
True; I don't remember him scoring anything memorable for us whilst he was here!

Got one against the rags which is always nice,and 1 in the spurs fa cup comeback match as well !!
That'll teach me for not putting a ;-) at the end; doh!

Re: If we need another striker.....

Yes Manc, he has been prolific all season.

He is young British and (in comparison) could be a good risk investment. There would be a great deal of kudos for the club as well I think.

Develop him alongside Dzeko, Mario and Sergio could be good for us.

Dont you remember the four he got against Sheffield Wednesday? The last was about five minutes into stoppage time?

Not suggesting he will be a worldbeater but to hit 4 hatr tricks and 27 in 24 games must mean he has something about him.... plus he'syoung and he's british.

I think it would be apunt worth taking, especially with our resources.

33 goals in 29 games for club and country this season
Says it all really.
Not long before the big clubs go sniffiing.

If snapped up by a top club and IF nurtured well like wilshire for example then you'll have one hell of a player, world class potential.

But then again, look at what happened to jermaine beckford when he made the leap.
He was wasted.

I had heard the name but not been tracking him to be honest. Then a few tweets were on my list talking about him after the 4 goals last night.

Is a risk, would he be better than Guidetti for example? But would be entering a team with great spirit and a bunch of positive England internationals to look upto.

Not tested at the top level and I dont really think our manager likes to buy British.

Do you honestly think he can stand up v Dzeko, Aguero, Balotelli, Adebayor, Tevez?.
Because like them or not these players are world class and can cut it at the very highest level. Can he?.

I watched him score 5 goals last night and Joe Jordan and Clive Allen (and apprently 6 other PL scouts) were there watching him.

My impression was that he's a good finisher at that level but lacks the all round game and pace for the PL. Now watch 'Arry sign him and turn him into a world-beater.

Wreckless Alec said:
I watched him score 5 goals last night and Joe Jordan and Clive Allen (and apprently 6 other PL scouts) were there watching him.

My impression was that he's a good finisher at that level but lacks the all round game and pace for the PL. Now watch 'Arry sign him and turn him into a world-beater.

turn him into a tax dodger more like

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.