Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a player ends up at another club for whatever reason then that's it...just drop it City. By making excuses about why a player did not come just sounds like sour grapes and makes us look ridiculous...our rivals love it when we come out with crap like this.

Sometimes I wonder if this forum is mainly occupied by City fans or trolls. It is why I don't post very often. City were screwed by a greedy southern Italian billionaire who wanted a lot more for a player who is good, but might not have the pace or intelligence to fill the roles of Yaya or Fernandinho. They agreed terms, and a price, and then Napoli tried to hold us to ransome. FFS! I have never heard of this guy before, I trust Pep so he must have potential, but we have to respect the club for refusing to shell out more cash just because Chelsea don't give a damn about value. They will probably lose their best asset anyway when Hazard leaves, and Sarri is a good manager but it will take him a couple of years to get them playing his way and Roman will sack him before they get good again. Delphi can adapt, he would probably do better in central midfield anyway. We need cover at left back for Mendy though.

Get out of here with your rational thought and common sense, this is no place for you ;)

The narrative has changed now Kaz, it's all PR bullshit by City.
Not quite. Im not sure what the wider criticism of city's PR team is to be honest, it does sound like a lot aren't happy. But as I've previously said the only thing that had narked me is the bullied rhetoric which is being reported to have come out of the club. Normally I could not give a toss about the inner machinations of the club. But seeing him then kissing Chelsea's badge etc. It cant be denied that if the line about him being bullied into the move came out of our club, it's not served us well because how he is currently presenting is totally contrary to what we have briefed. In the greater scheme of things fuck it but it's one more thing I'm gonna have to spend some time defending when mates inevitably begin to try to take the piss come Monday.

What you said was

This is a deal that we could have gotten over the line had we been prepared to pay for it

That’s not an opinion. It’s presented as a fact.

That’s the point I was making in my earlier post
It’s still something I believe to be true though. Once Napoli realised they had a potential auction with the Chelsea situation then they were well within their rights to hold out for more.
It’s a shitty move by them but not unprecedented in the world of football.
If we refused to budge on principal then fair fucks to City - but it sounds a bit like sour grapes complaining about something that I’m sure we knew was a possibility.
I’d be interested to know who the player would have signed for had both bids been identical.

To help out Dhino for any game. What I am saying is that if we select the games Dhino is rested, then without getting Jorginho, we can cope
Ofcourse we can cope. But what does that mean here? We can cope in the league but I really doubt we can in CL without an able deputy which Jorginho was. Anyway, it doesn't matter now considering he signed.

If a player ends up at another club for whatever reason then that's it...just drop it City. By making excuses about why a player did not come just sounds like sour grapes and makes us look ridiculous...our rivals love it when we come out with crap like this.
That's exactly what I've just said. Not wholesale knocking the club or PR team. Players snub clubs all the time couldn't give a fuck. It's just that one issue and how it appears to make us look.

Was the hold up not Napoli wanting fewer payment periods (or all of it at once which Chelsea are claimed to have done)? The player can't do anything without his clubs permission.
I dunno. The truth will come out in the end. The media are bound to question Jorginho, Guardiola, Sarri & ADL more intensely & each will defend their position vehemently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.