José Ángel Pozo

SlimShadyRus said:
kun said:
Was in the 'initial' 20 man squad for Chelsea, apparently.

Should get his chance tonight. IMO he's the most talented EDS lad we have, even more so than Lopes, Denayer or Cole.
Where have you got this info from? I haven't seen any lists like that, although have tried to find it. Or you just took those 18 and added 2 lads you saw in the locker-room?

They were in germany too, that was on the official site.

Well the last time I saw Pozo and Sinclair play together was 2 years ago v Wolves in an EDS game and my view on both has not changed.

big gaz said:
Well the last time I saw Pozo and Sinclair play together was 2 years ago v Wolves in an EDS game and my view on both has not changed.

Ha ha, I was at that game, a fairly dull affair until young Jose Angel came off the bench and made us all sit up. Good to see him do well tonight after his injury problems - a composed finish and an important part in the 5th and 7th goals.

I am so pleased he scored on his debut.

Him and Lopes are two players I would love to see develop into first team regulars eventually.

I know he needs to bulk up but the lad is only 18 and if anything the Premier League isn't like it was 10-15+ years ago, you only have to look at Silva, Nasri and Navas in our team to see that you don't need to be big lads to be successful.

I will be interested to see his development over the next year or so because I wonder if like Lopes he will be loaned out or if the club feel he could take that 4th striker position and challenge for a place.

He won't go on loan this year but next he could well do so, he could be involved in the next few weeks if Jovetic and Aguero still have injury trouble. The question is where this leaves Hiwula, he is 2 years Pozo's senior so appears he has no first team future at city. Hopefully he gets a good loan in the Championship and makes a name for himself.

I'm wildly optimistic about Pozo's chances after tonight.

I only had one doubt about him, & that was whether he would be able to compete physically at the higher level & adapt his game to suit it. His talent is without question. Wednesday were a pretty strong team physically. Ok, Pozo wasn't exactly Paul Dickov in the battling area, & could have done a bit better without the ball, but he wasn't weak either & on one occasion held off two pretty strong players. Plus in the runup to his goal, he was able to get infront of the defender & touch the ball to Navas, another important indication that his game will work.

For a kid who has played very little football over the past year, this is really encouraging. He will get stronger & is nearly there anyway. I now have no doubts he will be strong enough physically to play in City's team & what we saw tonight was only a cameo of his capabilities. He has loads more to offer than that.

Really great to see that.

Manchester City youngster Jose Angel Pozo says he is relishing life at the club and has not looked back since his move from Real Madrid in 2012.

The 18-year-old striker came off the bench to score on his debut as City thrashed Championship side Sheffield Wednesday 7-0 in the Capital One Cup on Wednesday.

Pozo, a Spain Under-18 international, spent five years at Real and has praised City for a better attitude towards young players.

"It is a dream to make my debut and also score. I am very happy," Pozo said.

"Last year was very difficult because I played only five or six games before my injury. This season I'm working very hard. I know I am an Under-21 player but I have an opportunity and I'll try to do my best.

"I have been working with the first team for two weeks. I didn't expect anything. I was just working, waiting for my opportunity."

"Some people asked why I moved from Real Madrid to here but it is football.

"I took my decision to come here and I think it is the right decision because I made my debut. I am very happy.

"At Real Madrid it is very difficult because they sign the best players every summer. Also here it is difficult. But I think Manuel (Pellegrini) gives trust to the young players and he makes the young players feel closer to the first team.

"I think City has very good plans for the future."

Neville Kneville said:
he wasn't weak either & on one occasion held off two pretty strong players.

That piece of play,on the edge of their box,is what stuck out in my mind too.He showed a desire to retain possession and accomplished it superbly,both Silva and Navas have the same mentality along with a deceptive strength,its very impressive.

His performance was a mixed bag,as expected..... but he did better than I imagined he would and he certainly displayed attributes that bode very well for his,and our,future.

It was very pleasing to see him make such an assured debut the other night. I actually don't think he is as yet playing at 100% capacity since his major injuries of last season, so that makes the effort even more impressive.

The season before last he was outstanding, and when he came back for a few games last season after his injuries, he wasn't playing anywhere near his best, so let's hope that this is the beginning of a great career. Of course he must be nurtured slowly, but there is not doubt he has a very bright future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.