Jose Bosingwa

"This particular rule prevents The FA from taking disciplinary action on incidents which are seen and dealt with at the time by match officials (this includes the referee taking no action). Therefore if the match officials confirm to The FA they have seen an incident, The FA cannot act retrospectively."

That's it then. End of story.

*right*

I remember watching that game when Bosingwa booted Benayoun in the back......Chelsea even got the throw in too!!!

dannybcity said:
NQT said:
This is a reply I received last season regarding a complaint about tranny and bias.

IMO, the FA are trying to find a way around their own rules as they will have received Clattenburg's report by now. If he'd said that he'd missed the incident I'm certain that there'd have been diciplinary proceedings announced already.

Is this still the rule though? I thought the FA could show him it from another angle.

I have come to the simple conclusion that there aren't any rules. If the FA have need of one, they make it up for the purpose in front of them and then discard it once it has served its purpose.

It's on this basis that Bosingwa can get away with that.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
dannybcity said:
Is this still the rule though? I thought the FA could show him it from another angle.

I have come to the simple conclusion that there aren't any rules. If the FA have need of one, they make it up for the purpose in front of them and then discard it once it has served its purpose.

It's on this basis that Bosingwa can get away with that.

Can't argue, there seems to be absolutely no consistency.

I think the club know the feeling of the supporters by now. I would imagine that our legal representation will be the best money can buy! I am suprised that Brian Marwood hasnt tried to pre empt the FA decision by saying we will fight any banning order through the courts, I thought (maybe wrongly ) that was why he was brought into the club.

There are rules.

As stated, FIFA prevents from re-interterpretating a referee's decision.
If a referee gave an unfounded red card, the decision cant be reversed.

It gives two kinds of mistakes:

-mistakes made because of a poor judgement. The referee sees the action and takes the wrong decision.

-mistakes made because of a lack of attention. The referee does not pay attention to an action and therefore cannot judge it. For example, an action takes place in the back of the referee who cant see it.

A video committee can only decide over the second kind (since there was no interpretation of the action then it cannot be re-interpretated)

That's why when a ref distributes a card, the video committee cant come back over it. The card is an evidence the referee saw the action.

Now, referees are assessed after each of their matches and they have to hand in a match report where they comment over decisions they took during the match in order to help the assessment of their performance. A decision can be justified in one way or another and the assessor decides not on the ground of a decision he would have taken by himself but whether or not the decision was consistent with football rules. Penalties for example can or cannot be given and referees are not forcefully wrong for deciding against or for a penalty kick. Not every case is clear cut. So the match report helps the referee to explain how he got to whistle this or that.

It matters for the present case as the referee took no decision.

If the match report includes the incident involving Adebayor and Van Percy and confirms the absence of cards, it is over. It is an evidence the referee saw the action and chose not to book Adebayor or Van Percy. It cannot be reinterpretated.
If the match report contains no mention to the incident, there is room to claim that the referee did not see the action therefore everything can happen.
Hugues mentioned that the referee was in good position to see the action to put pressure.

Brucie Bonus said:
bosingwa-kicks-benayoun.gif

I remember that match. Nope, Mr. Unibrow did not get in trouble for his actions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.