Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one transfer I couldn't care less about. Our defence is pretty strong it's midfield and a Mahrez replacement I'm more concerned about.
And if Walker and/or Laporte go? Playing a formation with 4 CBs requires, at a minimum, 5 CBs and ideally 6 imo. I don't think they'll replace Walker, who still seems likely to leave. As much as I like Rico Lewis, he's not a defender in the current setup and neither is Gomez.

This is one transfer I couldn't care less about. Our defence is pretty strong it's midfield and a Mahrez replacement I'm more concerned about.
Weird how some fans keep acting like our defence leaked 200 goals last season. I really don't get it.
In 2021/2022, we won the league and scored more goals than anyone else in the PL. Yet, everyone was delighted to add Haaland to the team. The point is, it's about how adding the best young defender in the world can take us to another level, just like buying Haaland did. We don't want random bodies because we need an extra number in the squad. We want the best young players in the world to stay at the top for years to come.

Gvardiol must be one special player as the DDR actually collapsed quicker than it taking to sign him.

9 October: Unprecedented crowd of 70,000 demonstrates in central Leipzig demanding freedom
18 October: Communist leader Erich Honecker quits, replaced by Egon Krenz
7 November: Government and Politburo resign
9 November: Fall of the Berlin Wall

Essentially one month from start of the protest to the collapse of the wall. We are roughly a few days past one month as we sit here today in our Gvardiol negotiation process lol

Wild times in Leipzig

And if Walker and/or Laporte go? Playing a formation with 4 CBs requires, at a minimum, 5 CBs and ideally 6 imo. I don't think they'll replace Walker, who still seems likely to leave. As much as I like Rico Lewis, he's not a defender in the current setup and neither is Gomez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.