Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep must be really, really convinced and enamoured by this guy. By all accounts all city journos are saying that this is a player who pep highly rates and is an absolute priority for him.

I think it's because Gvardiol is an Haaland / Mbappe class but as a defender. He's not stopped improving since joining Leipzig. He continues to improve get better rapidly. At 21 his maturity as centre back is that of a veteran. His passing has improved every season. His ability on the ball, tackling , 1v1 defending he just doesn't stop improving. His passing is like a creative midfielder.

When we got linked over Christmas, I decided to watch him more and he really does remind me of Dias. But a combination of Laportes passing and creative ability and Dias aggression tackling and leadership.

Its scary how good he could become. Watched a few little documentary about him and he's played as a striker, midfielder, DM, Left back and winger through his youth teams. His coaches said he was brilliant at all positions but was incredible at CB

I think it's because Gvardiol is an Haaland / Mbappe class but as a defender. He's not stopped improving since joining Leipzig. He continues to improve get better rapidly. At 21 his maturity as centre back is that of a veteran. His passing has improved every season. His ability on the ball, tackling , 1v1 defending he just doesn't stop improving. His passing is like a creative midfielder.

When we got linked over Christmas, I decided to watch him more and he really does remind me of Dias. But a combination of Laportes passing and creative ability and Dias aggression tackling and leadership.

Its scary how good he could become.
Spot on. Gvardiol is the No1 target, we want him regardless. Let’s hope City get it done, positive talk right now.

We should wrap this up before Chelsea or United or someone also come hunting for him.

That’s my worry after the Rice deal mate…..
Rice is nowhere near worth 105m though mate.

You can't just pay 105m for the sake of it. We are a successful business. Those that have overpaid in recent years, Chelsea, United etc have failed.

Let's continue our model and bring in players at the right price. Rice isn't anywhere near good enough for us anyway. He can't play on the half turn, and that's something that is very important in our system. He also can't control the tempo of a game, and that's what Gundogan could so we can't bring Rice in for Gundogan. We'd be significantly weaker!

We've just won a treble mate. Come on.
Some people are never happy.

Pep must be really, really convinced and enamoured by this guy. By all accounts all city journos are saying that this is a player who pep highly rates and is an absolute priority for him.

Said the same about Rice less than 48 hours ago too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.