Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally wouldn't be offering anywhere near 100 million euros just don't think he is that good but I trust the club and hopefully he will prove me wrong. Absurd amount of money for a centre back.
We always had to offer £80 - £85m to get this player, i think he’s £10m overpriced but this is what clubs do when City come calling.

Here's the article: https://www.lvz.de/sport/regional/r...d-neuzugaenge-EE7RDGFPUVFWXMPYARVCWTO7UQ.html

The relevant quote in German, and translated:

Stand der Dinge in Sachen Gvardiol und Manchester City:

„Josko und seine Berater haben bei uns den Wunsch nach einem Wechsel zu Manchester City hinterlegt. Wir sind in Gesprächen mit Manchester. Mehr ist dazu momentan nicht zu sagen.“

Doch. Bei einer Ablöse von 100 Millionen Euro plus Boni wird Gvardiol in Pep Guardiolas starken Armen landen. Durch den Weltrekord-Transfer wird Gvardiol zum teuersten Verteidiger in der Geschichte aufsteigen. Es könnte sich aber noch ein paar Tage ziehen.

State of affairs regarding Gvardiol and Manchester City:

“Josko and his advisors have given us their wish to move to Manchester City. We are in talks with Manchester. Nothing more can be said about that at the moment.”

Yes. At a fee of 100 million euros plus bonuses, Gvardiol will end up in Pep Guardiola's strong arms. The world record transfer will make Gvardiol the most expensive defender in history. But it could take a few more days.

When you are attempting to buy a player who is rated as the best young player in the world in his position, it is going to cost. If you are any other club, at this moment, this is a move that you do not want City to complete. As a City fan, this is a big buy and a big statement too that we are the best, and want to stay that way.

Personally wouldn't be offering anywhere near 100 million euros just don't think he is that good but I trust the club and hopefully he will prove me wrong. Absurd amount of money for a centre back.

Think you have to view him as a CB / LB roled into one.

It's mental money, but there's possibly no better defender suited to the left sided defensive role that Gvardiol. He's a complete defender that will be one of the very best if he stays fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.