Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
What doesn’t make sense about this is:

- Leipzig have already made a ton of sales this window already, everyone knows they’re flush with cash.
- It’s an open secret the deal has been going through, Leipzig themselves briefed that it was going to be a world record fee for a defender
- relatively speaking, the transfer of Lukeba won’t even touch the sides of the Szobo money, let alone what they’re getting in for Gvardiol

Not saying it isn’t what happened, but there are a few things that don’t really add up.
I'm starting to think this is a game from Leipzig. They don't want to sell, but promised Gvardiol that they would for a certain price. That price has been met by City, and Gvardiol/his agents know it, so they tell Romano that it's happening.

Leipzig immediately get on the phone to City and cry foul, both sides deny. Leipzig use this 'leak' to either raise the price or tank the deal, and blame City.

It's not disingenuous, you are the one being disingenuous. If you miss out on your top target and someone else replaces him as your top target, missing out on them qualifies as missing out on your top 2. We've bid 90m for him! That's the definition of missing out

I also feel like your reading comprehension is very poor. I clearly insinuated that IF the current rumours persist (walker gone & gvardiol not happening) then that's 5 players you missed out on. Simple facts. But you prefer cheap shots and semantics. Bluemoon special.

Please show me where the word ‘if’ features in your post.

Given you won’t be able to, any insinuation of ambiguity will do.

For reference - here it is:
Missing out on your 3 top targets (Bellingham, Rice, Gvardiol) while also failing to keep 2 players you offered new contracts to (Gundo, Walker) definitely qualifies as a masterclass of a window no doubt

That is clearly not written as a statement on what might happen, but as a statement of fact.

If you mean ‘if’ - I’d suggest you write that in future.

And to your second point, it is absolutely disingenuous to claim both Bellingham and Rive were two of our top three targets - when its pretty clear we saw them as filling the same position, therefore they were an either/or. We were never going to sign both, so by definition they can’t be two of our top three targets.

Bellingham was our top target, and we missed out on him. Rice was our second choice, who we moved onto having missed out on our top target.

You can’t have it both ways - unless of course you’re trying to make the situation sound as dramatic as possible.

In which case - crack on!

Finding it hard to care tbh. Centre half is the one position we’re absolutely teeming with talented options in. If Leipzig are intent on a spot of last minute gazumping, I wouldn’t be in the least bit bothered about telling them to fuck off. Sure they’ll work it out though, cos I can’t imagine either Gvardiol or Pep would be too happy if they don’t
We have 5 (6 if you count Walker) and we play with 4.

Burnley game needs to hurry up as this is all very boring. Trust the club will find the correct solutions (as they usually do)

The only way this ends bad is if Gvardiol ends up at a competitor. Like Hazard at Chelsea or Van Persie at United. If he stays where he is this summer it's no big deal. We don't even need a 2nd choice cos we have Laporte.

If he doesn't end up at a competitor this year, he will end up at a competitor next year instead. He wants PL football.

Lads. I'm not even blaming the club/txiki/whatever for what's happening so far this window. Things happen and you can't control what players final decisions end up being. I'm not even inferring how this will affect our season because my confidence in pep is that big.

All I'm saying is that objectively this has been a terrible transfer window so far, and I don't think any of you will disagree! I don't even think people at the club would disagree. I'm sure txiki and ferran are just as annoyed as missing out on top targets as we are. There's time to fix it, but let's not hide from that simple truth - we have not achieved what we set out to do so far this summer.
..YET!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.