Juan Mata?

jjeangi said:
He's playing today. Its on ESPN I think. Check him out.

the guy is quality and i would love us to sign him but i think the sanchez deal is done and dusted can't see us signing 2 wingers

uwe rosler 28 said:
jjeangi said:
He's playing today. Its on ESPN I think. Check him out.

the guy is quality and i would love us to sign him but i think the sanchez deal is done and dusted can't see us signing 2 wingers

Imho I disagree. Assuming SWP is leaving and Weiss going on another long term loan we only have AJ left as a dedicated winger. Balotelli plays LW a bit but is more of a left sided striker really, Silva always drops inside and Milner is not a winger and should really only be played in central midfield.

I think BM will want 2 wingers but maybe not to play every game. If we get the right quality in I can see him playing some games with 2 out-and-out wingers but the next game may see him using a 4-2-3-1 with the 3 AMs playing narrow.

I also think it's going to be about tailoring the squad to the oppositions weaknesses next season, we have't really been able to do that this season as out best XI pretty much pick themselves. With 2 class wingers and a few more reinforcements we'll be able to mix it up a bit more.

Mata has been named to the u21 Euro squad for Spain. Its June 11-26. Makes me thing unless we hear something this next week, it will be July. Spain's first match is June 12 v England.

The stories I have seen while searching tonight is links to Liverpool with a bid of £17 Millon, then there are rumours of bidding £25M.. which seems over the top when we have CL and Liverpool is out of Europe all together. I really hope we get this one, his comfort level with Silva and his technical ability, and its a bonus to keep him from Liverpool

okstate99 said:
Mata has been named to the u21 Euro squad for Spain. Its June 11-26. Makes me thing unless we hear something this next week, it will be July. Spain's first match is June 12 v England.

The stories I have seen while searching tonight is links to Liverpool with a bid of £17 Millon, then there are rumours of bidding £25M.. which seems over the top when we have CL and Liverpool is out of Europe all together. I really hope we get this one, his comfort level with Silva and his technical ability, and its a bonus to keep him from Liverpool
Funny thing is he's scored more goals for the national team, than the U21's

At what point does eligibility end? Mata recently turned 23, does this mean Micah (who is 22) will still have to play for the England U-21s after the U-21 Euros for a while?

LoveCity said:
At what point does eligibility end? Mata recently turned 23, does this mean Micah (who is 22) will still have to play for the England U-21s after the U-21 Euros for a while?
Age 23. You just have to be 21 or under when qualification begins. Mata's going to destroy. That should count as cheating he's that good :P

jjeangi said:
LoveCity said:
Age 23. You just have to be 21 or under when qualification begins. Mata's going to destroy. That should count as cheating he's that good :P

Any insight to his move? The rumours of him going to Liverpool, are they true?

okstate99 said:
jjeangi said:
LoveCity said:

Any insight to his move? The rumours of him going to Liverpool, are they true?
Not the right person to ask. Just wait it out like the rest of us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.