Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do you see that going with Bernardo Tolm?

I'm leaning towards Bernardo leaving, I want him to stay but just can't see it. If he does he should leave with everyone's best wishes for his services, it's a credit to him with how he's performed over the journey despite wanting to go to Spain.
I think at this point I’m more open than ever to him leaving. I love him as a player but this yearly cycle of is he staying or is he going can’t be helpful for the team or the club. He ever commits long term or we should allow him to leave with our best wishes and get in someone who’s up for the long term

How does bernardo staying affect the move for Bellingham? Is it a case of if he stays Bellingham isn't a priority anymore

I think TH is referring to Bernardo's contract end date and cashing in before his market value diminshes with both age and proximity to the end of his contract.

I don't think it is anything to do with Bellingham; other than it could be a decision on whether to extend Gundo's contract. They may not want to lose both Gundo and Bernie in the same window. You do not want a high annual turnover in a Guardiola squad because of the time it can take to get up-to-speed on how Pep wants the team to play. And, generally, you never want to lose too much experience in one window - this is especially so in the engine room of the team.

I'm leaning towards Bernardo leaving, I want him to stay but just can't see it. If he does he should leave with everyone's best wishes for his services, it's a credit to him with how he's performed over the journey despite wanting to go to Spain.

Pretty much where I am.

Because that's not what they'd be doing. Pep would utilize a player like Leao the same way he's adjusted to having a dominant 9 back in the set up with Haaland. Pep works with what he has and is extremely adept at adjusting. Mahrez and Grealish aren't sprinting toward any endlines any time soon, lol.
"Pep works with what he has"
Comeon mate, hes spent a billion pound on players. You could count on one hand the players who have any sort of pace. Outside of Sane and Sterling who both got sold, they have been replaced with completely different players. What does that tell you?

He wouldn't have spent 100m on Grealish if he was looking for a Leao.

Reports from Spain that Real Madrid fear City more than Liverpool in the race for Bellingham due to City having alot more funds also the prestige and track record to give Bellingham a place where he can become a much better player.

I’m no ITK but I get the impression if someone stumps up the cash he’s gone.
All depends on meeting our valuation.

Reports from Spain that Real Madrid fear City more than Liverpool in the race for Bellingham due to City having alot more funds also the prestige and track record to give Bellingham a place where he can become a much better player.
Now imagine coming across this post 20 years ago. How times change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.