Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
This kid is special, he's going to end up back in England somewhere, we will be looking on filled with immeasurable regret if we let him turn up at a rival. You've got at least a decade of pure class from him to look forward to even if he suffers injuries and peaks very early.

I'd be offering dortmund our entire summer budget to get him and Haaland in. Give them the pick of our prospects that we don't think will make it with us but will earn them some money too if it sweetens the deal.

I only want to see the best possible player step in, if it's an academy graduate, fantastic, if we have to pay £120 million for somebody better, fine. The team should never drop in quality just to get an academy player in.
We don't know how good our academy grads are, because they don't play often. But your underestimating how good they are. I believe Mcatee and others are good enough and we are just waiting to develop them like foden. We don't need to spend 120 million.

We don't know how good our academy grads are, because they don't play often. But your underestimating how good they are. I believe Mcatee and others are good enough and we are just waiting to develop them like foden. We don't need to spend 120 million.
Firstly, I don't see Bellingham and Mcatee as being the same player, could both potentially operate in the 8 role for us but you'd get a different player so I wouldn't say it's one or the other, Mcatee if he's to make it here I reckon will go down the foden route of playing out wide or possibly even upfront as his way in.

Anyway, I'm not underestimating them, we can all see potential but potential doesn't always get fulfilled, there's no guarantee and whilst we have Pep here and are constantly winning things we can't waste time waiting on potential. we have to bring in the best we can at all times to stay at the top, and it's upto the kids to prove themselves good enough.

That's what happened with foden, he wasn't getting in until he proved he was good enough to start ahead of first teamers, Pep continually says kids don't get freebies here and rightly so.

Fodens emergence as world class coincided with Silva leaving and worked perfectly but not every one is going to lineup that smoothly, there might be a need for a player a year or 2 before somebody we rate highly in the academy is ready, we can't wait for them, we bring in the best we can get and then it's upto the kids to step up. Lavia could be a victim of this, the kids very highly thought of and clearly has talent but were going to need a player in that position next summer, unless we see a huge step up I can't see him being even remotely ready, we're not going to wait for him to develop weakening our squad in the meantime, we will bring somebody in and it's upto him to step up and force his way in.

Whilst we're at the top, the academy will never be relied upon or the priority, it will be a supplementary bonus and that's how it should be.

Watched Bellingham last night against Rangers and there's no doubt he is a top player and will only get better. BUT, he went off at one of his teammates over a misplaced pass. No problem with a bit of passion in that regard, but he was OTT.
Rags or Dippers is his destiny.

Watched Bellingham last night against Rangers and there's no doubt he is a top player and will only get better. BUT, he went off at one of his teammates over a misplaced pass. No problem with a bit of passion in that regard, but he was OTT.
Rags or Dippers is his destiny.
I saw this. Must be frustrating though losing to rangers whilst your star striker is out injured and you know he’s leaving.

I think watching last nights game he comes across as a bit of a spoilt brat and an “all about me” player. Not sure of want him at city. Very good player though

Reactions: CC1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.