Jules Koundé

Wouldn’t consider the European super cup an ‘exhibition match’.
Yeah, I don't really like calling it that and I would want City to go all out for it in a similar situation. If a deal was close I can't see him playing though. I suspect the timing of the match is just giving people a reason to justify why it's not done yet.

Supposed upped bid of €70m now then.

Does this look like getting done over the LK saga.

This kounde bloke has very good stats for a young player - i have not seen him play though

Supposed upped bid of €70m now then.

Does this look like getting done over the LK saga.

This kounde bloke has very good stats for a young player - i have not seen him play though
Koundé is legit elite talent. Of course no guarantees, but he would be top class signing for us. Would slot right in next to Laporte or Aké. Signing Koundé would mean we finally have athletic, technical defence that is good enough to win the CL.

Walker - Koundé - Laporte - Aké in big CL away game to Barca, Madrid, Bayern, Juventus for example. Not too bad. Long way from slow, immobile defence of Garcia, Stones, Otamendi

Why would the clubs risk a very expensive deal for what is basically an exhibition match?

Agreed if Kounde is close to signing then there is no point in risking a huge deal especially for a selling club in these Covid times.

If he gets a serious injury the deal is surely off.

Many will point to the Sane injury in the CS game but frankly we didn’t need to sell and aren’t a selling club.

Agreed if Kounde is close to signing then there is no point in risking a huge deal especially for a selling club in these Covid times.

If he gets a serious injury the deal is surely off.

Many will point to the Sane injury in the CS game but frankly we didn’t need to sell and aren’t a selling club.
We'll know Thurs with the lineups. My guess he's named to the bench with team having no intention of him playing.

If they are indeed waiting for the game against Bayern Munich, I wonder what effect this game will have on the deal and its price. If Kounde somehow manages to stop Bayern Munich who are currently the best team in Europe - his price will skyrocket and we may have to pay his release clause. If Bayern crush Sevilla as they did in their last games,and Kounde won't be able to stop them it may be doubtful whether he is at all what we need.
So Kounde is a one nan team and Sevilla have no other players, have I read that right?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.