Jules Koundé

It would be nice to do succession planning properly and sign players a year before we need them to get them settled. Most of them move for 15-25 mill to a bigger club have one good year and their transfer value rockets.

Arsenal have taken the slight gamble with Gabriel and Saliba whilst Southampton have with Salisu all after having one good season will at least double in value. Not sure why we are incapable of this in defence and are running around last minute paying big fees. The same also applied to Tierney, a great LB who cost 25 and is now worth 50+.

At least there is potential to recoup the fee if they don’t make it to the very top as well. It seems defenders are the clubs big downfall regardless of CB or FB.

Frimpong from Celtic is doing great yet people will want Lamptey who will cost 50+ after a decent season. Frimpong is a very similar player who came from City and wouldn’t cost anywhere near that. A good succession for Walker.

Good point although I do think the club try to plan well ahead of time - you have to look at the deals we are making for 16-18 year olds from all over the world. One day fairly soon one of them will become a superstar. Re this year I think they had a list with valuations attached and have stuck to that. Whereas sometimes you have to take a punt on overpaying I actually like the way we are approaching deals.

Koulibaly is a top player but at his age a drop off is due - the is if his age is accurate ha! Also dealing with Napoli is a nightmare and I think they gave us encouragement over a reasonable deal and then keep altering the goalposts, which is why it has dragged on. For me Kounde is exactly they type we should be going for - ready now and will only improve especially surrounded by class players.

If we sign him I am genuinely excited about watching Torres, Foden and Kounde become the next generation of City legends. Time will tell and the big test for the scouting and CEO is finding a replacement for Sergio in 12 months time - I do hope they have a plan for that..

It would be nice to do succession planning properly and sign players a year before we need them to get them settled. Most of them move for 15-25 mill to a bigger club have one good year and their transfer value rockets.

Arsenal have taken the slight gamble with Gabriel and Saliba whilst Southampton have with Salisu all after having one good season will at least double in value. Not sure why we are incapable of this in defence and are running around last minute paying big fees. The same also applied to Tierney, a great LB who cost 25 and is now worth 50+.

At least there is potential to recoup the fee if they don’t make it to the very top as well. It seems defenders are the clubs big downfall regardless of CB or FB.

Frimpong from Celtic is doing great yet people will want Lamptey who will cost 50+ after a decent season. Frimpong is a very similar player who came from City and wouldn’t cost anywhere near that. A good succession for Walker.

No one is paying 50 Million for Lamptey or Tierney they might be worth that but they are both most clubs would not be able to get them off there is Corona virus to factor in plus one of them has had major injuries and then you have to remember only us pay that sort of money for Fullbacks. People on here where saying Tsimikas was one of the best left backs in the world and where desperate for us to buy him for big money and what did he end up costing Liverpool ?

Yeah.
I’m excited. Koulibaly would’ve been my first choice but this guy is a clear second choice for me right now in this market. Would love to know his actual height though, haha. 178, 180, 184?
He'll be so excited to join us he'll be 185 when he lines up for his first game.

Italian clubs are nightmare to deal with due to big cultural differences. Italians love drama, they negotiate with emotion.

Spanish, French, German and other English clubs is just all about the price, zero politics. Unless of course you are trying to sign something huge like Messi but that is exception.
Interestingly, Italian is also the only country where the top clubs end up passing players to their rivals.

Ibrahimovic played for Juventus, Inter Milan and Milan AC.
Pirlo played for Inter, AC Milan and Juventus.

There are countless of players like that.

It happens less often in those leagues where "emotions" and "politics" have no place oddly.

ADL and Lotito (Lazio) are known for being very painful to deal with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.