Julian Weigl

Tuchel would be well familiar with him and might want to bring him in.... 50 million seems steep but he is young and has shown flashes. I also believe that when PSG or even us come calling, teams ask for crazy money.

Agree with much of this but someone like Romeu at saints wouldn’t break the bank and would be great support for Dinho. If the goal is two players for every position dm is where that isn’t true for us. Maybe Delph can do it but Danilo and Foden couldn’t imho. I wonder could Laporte play there?
I was going to reply with something similar. I agree that it seems, that, the ideal candidate isn't out there at the moment, but I'm worried we are left a little short if we don't find cover of some kind. I'd love to know Pep's plan. Maybe Stones to play DM? Or maybe this young, French kid that's set to sign his professional contract? Forgive me for not knowing his name but apparently he's a DM.

I was going to reply with something similar. I agree that it seems, that, the ideal candidate isn't out there at the moment, but I'm worried we are left a little short if we don't find cover of some kind. I'd love to know Pep's plan. Maybe Stones to play DM? Or maybe this young, French kid that's set to sign his professional contract? Forgive me for not knowing his name but apparently he's a DM.

Gomez?

He's had a mixed 12 months but I think that's more down to the fact he's young and gone from playing a style & position that suits him under Tuchel to a style and position (often played further forward) not ideal for him under Bosz.

Similar attributes to Jorginho on the ball but young, more mobile and better defensively. Pep is the perfect coach for him.

But nah Delph can play there pmsl

He's had a mixed 12 months but I think that's more down to the fact he's young and gone from playing a style & position that suits him under Tuchel to a style and position (often played further forward) not ideal for him under Bosz.

Similar attributes to Jorginho on the ball but young, more mobile and better defensively. Pep is the perfect coach for him.

But nah Delph can play there pmsl
trust in our players !!! who needs to strengthen
Everyone, myself included, is keen for us to sign a world class DM and have Fernandinho's successor in place, but I don't see many people putting any names forward. Who are these world class DMs that we should sign and are they even available?

For instance, i don't think the likes of Fabinho or Fred were deemed enough of an improvement on what we have now or a good enough long term option for us to put serious bids in for and I don't think the club is that bothered to have seen them go elsewhere.

Jorginho we were clearly keen on but is he really a DM? Would he have improved us significantly?

I get the feeling that rather just buy someone else for the sake of it this summer they've decided to keep their powder dry for now and see if any more top class options emerge over the next 12 months. I'd be happier if it were sorted now, but I'm not sure the right person is out there right now. If someone bursts onto the scene next season though we'll be in a better position to go for them next summer than if we'd spent 50m on a lesser player now.
we dont even need a world class dm just a dm who is young enough to be world class or one thats really good. how can we aspire to win the champions league with a 33 year old delph and gundogan as our Dms ?

PSG are out of the ball park and they know there best defence is to stockpile great players - they won’t get a UCL ban with Mbappe, Neymar and co in the side - the sponsors wouldn’t stand for it.

They made a statement about now complying with FFP after making a number of substantial transfers. Not really seen that materialise

trust in our players !!! who needs to strengthen

we dont even need a world class dm just a dm who is young enough to be world class or one thats really good. how can we aspire to win the champions league with a 33 year old delph and gundogan as our Dms ?

Well Liverpool came pretty close to it with Jordan Henderson and James Miller as theirs? We already have the talent and contingent parts to go all of the way in the CL. The problem with cup competitions is that there's some luck involved and everyone had to be on form on a given day.

Agree with much of this but someone like Romeu at saints wouldn’t break the bank and would be great support for Dinho. If the goal is two players for every position dm is where that isn’t true for us. Maybe Delph can do it but Danilo and Foden couldn’t imho. I wonder could Laporte play there?

I see where you're coming from but someone at Romeu's level is exactly what we don't need in my opinion. It wouldn't fully break the bank, but us trying to get another premier league side's first choice players will still come at a premium and I don't see that he'd be an improvement on Delph. All the premier league teams are rich already and it isnt really worth their while to part with first team players unless serious money is thrown at them. Delph hasn't let us down and already knows Pep's system.

Like I say, if there's a genuinely top notch suitor out there then I'm all for getting him but I don't think there's many of them about this summer. Weigl has a few question marks over him, but I can understand if Tuchel thinks he can make it work.

Fernandinho used a bit more sparingly, Delph used in games where we need a bit more tenacity and Gundogan in games where he have all of the ball and need a conductor to play us out from deep positions between those three we've got it covered for another year if we need to. If we're going to spend big then it'll be on someone who can do all three of those jobs. Maybe they're hanging on a year so they can see how Gomes progresses too? Sounds like he's impressed already.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.