Julian Weigl

We should ear mark him for a future deal. This boy is going to be a huge player. Maybe next year.

Definitely.

Not this summer but in a few years, this guy will be the centre midfielder to get, certainly if Pep is still here.

The next Busquets in my eyes.

But I thought Gundogan was the shit one and we should have signed Mkhitaryan and Reus??? - pretty sure I read that from some "informed" source!
Gundogan was pretty much the driving force in their team and they played their best stuff when he was at his best, and I was really surprised by some of the comments on the internet that since his back injury, when he missed a whole season, he's not the same. He basically was as good last season as ever. Of course, injuries are still a huge concern.

Oh and I don't want to sound as I know it all, I'm actually just translating what German experts were saying (just to name the most well-known in UK, Honigstein was full of praise for him in 14/15).

But we are slightly off topic. :)

Gundogan was pretty much the driving force in their team and they played their best stuff when he was at his best, and I was really surprised by some of the comments on the internet that since his back injury, when he missed a whole season, he's not the same. He basically was as good last season as ever. Of course, injuries are still a huge concern.

Oh and I don't want to sound as I know it all, I'm actually just translating what German experts were saying (just to name the most well-known in UK, Honigstein was full of praise for him in 14/15).

But we are slightly off topic. :)

Quite, I can't imagine how much more dynamic Germany would have looked had he been available, even if only to replace Khedira (who is a Low favourite) when injured/unavailable.
The general comments on the internet were from people who had never heard of him but read that he'd had a back injury that kept him out for a year - though not linking Dortmund's fairly poor season that year to his absence it seems!

A very good, long, read.

He would fit into Pep's style of play for sure.

If A.Garcia is not ready then I'd like to see Weigl at City.
Mate, Weigl is a once-in-a-generation player. You can't rely too much on youngsters who haven't even kicked the ball on a serious level. Even La Masia has a dearth of talent nowadays after the so called 'golden generation'. Almost all their 'future stars' had been sold, and their former most promising player, who was touted to become a worldbeater from 14 y.o., now crosses the ball to Romelu Lukaku on a weekly basis. Superclubs need to buy readymade superstar players like Weigl.

IMO, he's worth more than Pogba (for our system), and no one knows his ceiling. Basically he's a younger and slightly raw copy of Busquets.

Would be an immense signing, Pep is in awe of him. Hope that Pep&Tuchel's good relationship will help to get him next summer or in 2018.

Last edited:
Hopefully with toure's wage gone & fee's for fernando & nasri coming our way at the end of the season he could be one big signing next year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.