Junior Ticket Upgrade

goaters shinpad

My lad has a seasoncard in the Family Stand but can't attend on Saturday so I asked the club to upgrade the ticket to an adult season card for this match.

They wanted an additional £41! I accept it only works out about £11 a match for his seasoncard, but it works out about £23 a match for an adult seasoncard in the same stand. In the circumstances I think £41 more is taking the piss. I am sure that last year the club allowed 1 free upgrade per kids seasoncard per year as I know they didn't charge me for a night match last year. Does anyone recall something similiar or any idea when the policy changed.

I know they can charge what they like but surely they are better charging are a more resonable rate for seasoncard upgrades rather than having an empty seat and no extra money.

Just wanted a moan, I know the club are charging higher prices this year, but felt this was taking the piss a bit.

Few corrections...

My lad has a seasoncard in the Family Stand but can't attend on Saturday so I asked the club to upgrade the ticket to an adult season card for this match.

They wanted an additional £41! I accept it only works out about £5 a match for his seasoncard, but it works out about £23 a match for an adult seasoncard in the same stand. In the circumstances I think £41 more is taking the piss. I am sure that last year the club allowed 1 free upgrade per kids seasoncard per year as I know they didn't charge me for a night match last year. Does anyone recall something similiar or any idea when the policy changed.

I know they can charge what they like but surely they are better charging a more resonable rate for seasoncard upgrades rather than having an empty seat and no extra money.

Just wanted a moan, I know the club are charging higher prices this year, but felt this was taking the piss a bit.

Our match day prices are absolutely atrocious mate. Although some people will defend the club no matter what they do.

I agree some of the upgrade prices seem ridiculous - I couldn't make the derby and it cost £90 to upgrade my steplad's (18-21) and my son's (under 16). I do feel however that the club has to have a policy whereby they stop adults buying a seasoncard for a kid and upgrading for games they can pick and chose for a nominal sum whereby these seats are left empty a lot of the time and the big games can be attended for the equivalent of £25.

I get the frustration but just pointing out the other side of the argument.

The Ledge said:
I agree some of the upgrade prices seem ridiculous - I couldn't make the derby and it cost £90 to upgrade my steplad's (18-21) and my son's (under 16). I do feel however that the club has to have a policy whereby they stop adults buying a seasoncard for a kid and upgrading for games they can pick and chose for a nominal sum whereby these seats are left empty a lot of the time and the big games can be attended for the equivalent of £25.

I get the frustration but just pointing out the other side of the argument.

I do get that and appreciate that the club must stop people taking advantage of kids season cards, but this does seem extreme. They have the technology to track attendance at every match so why don't they allow 1 normal price ugprade to reflect genuine circumstances and to reduce empty seats and then charge full (extortionate) rice for any others to stop this being exploited?

They have always done this, my daughter has had a season card for 4 years, I upgrade her ticket about 3 times a season and it is always the full price minus 1/19 of the season ticket price.

ell said:
Our match day prices are absolutely atrocious mate. Although some people will defend the club no matter what they do.

no different from any top club but you carry on having a pop.

you can't watch yaya, silva and the rest of the worlds stars and pay a tenner to get in.

My lad and I sit in the family stand level 2 and my other son who's now getting more into city wants to come more often, anyway he came to the moscow game £10, Bayern £15 no real issue with them prices however rocked up to the ticket office on Thursday and was told £32, when I said how much the lady answered "well it is Everton" like its some huge occasion, Anyway he enjoyed the pantomime he was taken to by the girlfriend along with his sister

Im sure they got their £32 from someone so everyone wins

I have to pay full asking price for my season ticket in the east stand. So why should others get it cheaper just because it is the family stand. A 7,000 waiting list they say. Make the family stand half the size & the waiting list would come down. It is nearly always half empty just look at the Everton game.

What do you expect? This is modern football in the Premier League, ticket prices are a joke everywhere especially at the top clubs. They'll do anything to earns few more quid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.