Jurgen Klopp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to see he has taken a break until further notice. Next year could see Pellegrini, Klopp and Pep all out of work. I could easily see Klopp going to Bayern. For so long watching all his best players leaving to go there, he is sure to want a chance to manage there.

Leaving Pep to City and Pellegrini upstairs to an executive role. He has the right temperment to play the politics game at the top of a club and seems to have the backing of the powers that be.

Interesting to see he has taken a break until further notice. Next year could see Pellegrini, Klopp and Pep all out of work. I could easily see Klopp going to Bayern. For so long watching all his best players leaving to go there, he is sure to want a chance to manage there.

Leaving Pep to City
and Pellegrini upstairs to an executive role. He has the right temperment to play the politics game at the top of a club and seems to have the backing of the powers that be.
I personally think, this is exactly what's going to happen, every piece of the puzzle just fits perfectly.

The idea was to suffocate the rest of the pitch and starve those three of the ball. It was a bold move and it didn't work so he changed things. I get the idea behind it - if you don't let Messi get the ball then he can't hurt you too badly. The trouble is, Barca play the ball forward a lot more quickly and it didn't work well at all.

Quite right though, Pellegrini would be shot for trying something like that. I think we dealt with Messi better than any other side has this calendar year. He has been unplayable for most of it and we were happy to let him pick it up from deep, it's just he still managed to cause such devastation anyway. We should be proud of how good a game we gave them. We got stuck in and got back into the game at the Etihad and it's a case of what could have been had Aguero scored the pen. We'd have got right into them. Overall we didn't deserve to beat them, but football doesn't work that way and it takes a bit of luck sometimes to win games. Had we got anyone other than Barca/Bayern I think we'd have managed to progress.

Your second point I agree with completely but not your first point to an extent. Regardless of who you are, you can't stop all three players therefore why play 3 at the back. I'm sure you're aware of how many goals messi, suarez and neymar have all scored put together this season (120? or something like that). You'll get exploit at the back because you'll have no one covering. To then play rafinha at centre back was mind blowing. However, had he played Dante instead of rafinha and then have lahm and Javi Martinez in front of the back 3 things could've been different.

Imo he should've gone with safety first and play 4231, especially because his best players were injured (alaba, ribery and robben).

I think Klopp is waiting for an opportunity to manage Bayern but I'm perplexed as to why we we are putting all our eggs in the Pep-next-year basket or have we been turned down by Klopp?

I think Klopp to Bayern is a dead cert. I just cannot see any other reason why he would not go back into management after saying he would not take a break. Even more so when you consider the likes of Milan and Madrid have been available and he could walk into Liverpool tomorrow.

I've said it before but I can see us storming the league next season and United having another 4th place finish despite spending hundreds of millions. Then it's the question of where does Pep go? or do we still want him?

If he's publicly declared he's on a year out,only to go back on that...he'll fit right in over at such an honest, decent club with so many values.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.