Just 1 last thing!

SuperNotts said:
YaYa said:
Ay Notts, you gotta fill me in on that wheelbarrow chant you lot sing, what the fucks all that about?!

It started at a match back on Tuesday 17 April 1990. Notts County were playing away at Shrewsbury Town's former home, Gay Meadow. The Magpies were trailing to two Dean Spink goals and looked to be losing, with less than ten minutes left. The Shrewsbury Supporters were happy and singing On Top of Old Smokey. But because of their strong accent, it sounded like "I had a wheel barrow, the wheel fell off," to the Notts County fans. The magpies fans then sung it back as a way of taking the mickey out of them.[1] This had an effect on the team who managed to pull back two goals in the last ten minutes to draw the game. The song then accompanied the Notts County team all the way and on into the following season, with another trip to Wembley Stadium and another victory, with 25,000 people singing it beneath the twin towers. It has remained a firm favourite at the world’s oldest football league club ever since.

You've copied and pasted that from Wiki haven't you?! ha ha. Well cheers for clearing it up, it was baffling when I heard it at your place and forgot to ask about it after the first game.

Enjoyed playing you twice and you gave us a couple of good games, all the best for the rest of the season fella!

FantasyIreland said:
Exercise bikes on the touch line,works for the oblong lads.

Call me old fashioned, but if you're on the bench and getting a bit cold, whats wrong with doing a bit of a stretch/warm up?!!

Bunch of pansies, the lot of them

They need to invest in one of these each.
669347.png

Manchester City Heated Stadium Seat
http://shop.mcfc.co.uk/stores/mancity/products/product_details.aspx?pid=85490

Blumers Bloomers said:
FantasyIreland said:
Exercise bikes on the touch line,works for the oblong lads.

Call me old fashioned, but if you're on the bench and getting a bit cold, whats wrong with doing a bit of a stretch/warm up?!!

Bunch of pansies, the lot of them
You're old fashioned. Well; someone was going to do it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.