Just a heads up on these scamming gits

If I ever get a phone call from a number I don't recognise I press answer and then wait for them to speak first. Last time it happened it was an automated voice asking for 'personal information' so that I could 'be credited' with what I'm owed. I just put the phone down.

It's clearly worth their while doing it as they must make a small fortune and there is very little chance of them getting caught.

Not being funny, but you almost got fooled by a website called ‘vaccine status id.com’ that came from a random phone number?

Fuck me…

FYI those Nigerian lottery emails you might get aren’t legit either.
I have a very simple rule, I do not divulge any information to people that contact me by any method. If I want to purchase something I'll contact companies/services but before I do I check them out.

Sky have rang me a few times, "before I give you this offer can I confirm security details?"

No, fuck off is my usual riposte, very simple.

Thanks

I had a text from Royal Mail saying I missed a delivery and I needed to pay for redelivery. I already knew it was a scam as it was from an "07" number, the website looked legit but think it had "http" and I wasn't expecting a parcel.

What I'd like to know is, how the f*ck did they get my number? (No, I've not been on any dodgy sites where I've entered my number)
Just a random number generator probably, nothing you've done I'd expect.

My mum when she was 82 googled about applying for an OAP renewal of my Dad's driving licence. The first thing that appeared on her computer search was a

"apply for your license here"

So she did at a cost of about £80, it's actually free for over 70's.

The service she paid for consisted of the scamming company sending her an application in the post with an envelope to send to the DVLA with a second class stamp on it.

I believe these companies still exist but I've just tried on my iPhone and it seems to filter them out.

I did send the company a threatening letter saying we were going to take legal action against them but my Mum passed away so I just let it go, I was livid about her being scammed, absolute wankers.

Anyone watch the jamal khashoggi documentary? there's a bit in there on how his phone was hacked. He received a message from DHL, clicked on the link. And that link basically installed a viral firmware which leaked out all his personal data, messages, CC number, images, etc.

My mum when she was 82 googled about applying for an OAP renewal of my Dad's driving licence. The first thing that appeared on her computer search was a

The service she paid for consisted of the scamming company sending her an application in the post with an envelope to send to the DVLA with a second class stamp on it.

I believe these companies still exist but I've just tried on my iPhone and it seems to filter them out.

I did send the company a threatening letter saying we were going to take legal action against them but my Mum passed away so I just let it go, I was livid about her being scammed, absolute wankers.
Cunts pal

Get quite a few scam calls. Said hello once, and an automated voice said that my PPS number (equivalent to the NI number in the UK) had been linked to criminal activity. Just put the phone down on them. Now, as someone else has said, I answer the phone but say nothing. After a few seconds, they hang up without saying anything. Another one is text messages urging me to click on a link to ensure my ordered item is delivered. Even though I'm not waiting on anything.

Not so much a scam for me recently but just incredibly annoying - I'm moving to a new rented property and the lease application etc is done online though a firm called GoodLord. Since I signed the contract I have been bombarded by insurance companies connected to them trying to offer me contents insurance and also by Virgin media trying to get me to sign up with them. No amount of "No thanks I'm sorted for insurance and broadband" has made any difference and yesterday teatime after Virgin rang yet again and I got annoyed and basically told them to Fuck off they still rang later on at 8pm. Absolutely infuriating!

Thats terrible hammocity. I hate these bastards with every fibre of my body. I even pile on the pounds to hate them that bit more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.