just a thought...actually a potential nightmare..

Kazzydeyna

To anyone wanting Mancini to go....

Its not guaranteed we'd get Jose..(most people's preferred replacement - not mine I hasten to add).

We could end up with benitez.

And that my friends would set the club back 5 years at least.

Be careful what you wish for, and remember also this experience will be invaluable to bobby next year.

Mancini to stay, Mcfc champions 2012/13, Mario top scorer.

jesus H.

our owners aren't fucking stupid you know!?

We wont get him. The only candidate that could take the job of Mancini is Jose. If he isn't available then we carry on with Mancini. He's in the last 12 months of his contract if we start the season and he hasn't been offered a new deal this summer then its obviously going to depend on if we win the league or not if he keeps his job. If we don't win it next year and Mancini is let go and Jose isn't available then lets hope we have 500 million spare for average players to buy ;).

The Benitez myth needs to be debunked. He's won a European Cup and has a final on his resume, something many managers cannot claim to have done. His league form with Liverpool can be put into question, but his ability to perform in knockout tournaments is superb. He's a master tactician in Europe. This is also backed up by his work @ Valencia. He did extremely well in Europe with a good, but not a superbly talented Valencia side. Not even going to mention how he tore through the Big 2 in Spain.

As for the whole Liverpool and Inter collapse, they were going down the drain anyways which is apparent from where both teams lie now. Liverpool's squad reeked averageness while Inter's was and is in need of a desperate makeover. He was not given adequate time to rebuild his own team and was kicked out in a knee jerk by Moratti.

His transfer history is something I'm a critic of, but with the unlimited funds available at our club, this shouldn't be a concern. Also if we're going after Jose (who I believe is waiting for the Untied job instead), I don't think he offers us the long term stability we need to avoid being tagged as the next Chelsea.

Kazzydeyna said:
To anyone wanting Mancini to go....

Its not guaranteed we'd get Jose..(most people's preferred replacement - not mine I hasten to add).

We could end up with benitez.

And that my friends would set the club back 5 years at least.

Be careful what you wish for, and remember also this experience will be invaluable to bobby next year.

Mancini to stay, Mcfc champions 2012/13, Mario top scorer.
How did you not get banned? lol

He built one of the best teams we've seen in the PL. Any team with a spine of Reina, Carragher, Hyppia (Hyypia?), Xabi Alonso, Mascherano, Gerrard and Torres is going to be brilliant. Anyone can buy these players, but it takes a good manager to get them to play together. That team should have won the league, no doubt.

But the reason they didn't is the main reason why I don't want him. His collapse was spectacular, even more so than ours. His rant about "fachs" and what "Mr Fergooshon" did was cringey and why they came up short. He won't bring the calming influence we needed this season. The best way to get that is to stick with Mancini and keep this squad together.

Anyway, I digress. The point is appointing Rafa Benitez, although not favourable and certainly not popular, isn't as bad as it first appears.

I keep reading posters saying......with the unlimited funds available at our club.
This is no longer true, whoever the manager is next season he will have to sell before he can buy new players.
Enough money has been invested in the squad and with ffp around the corner we have to conform.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.