Just bet £10 for Hughes to be next Liverpool Manager

Dogleash seems a decent bet.

No manager worth their salt is about to risk their rep trying to crisis manage that lot.

He's available, he's an easy get and more importantly, someone the fans and poor squad will rally to.

Liverpool's owners need to make themselves attractive to potential bidders, they surely don't so that by appointing someone else on £20m contract?

lionheart said:
You should have just donated the tenner to charity...so says a guy who today made over three grand on an oil discovery in the North Sea involving two small oil companies...Encore Oil and Nautical Petroleum for those of a financial disposition. Life can be sweet, sometimes.

My money is on Desire Petroleum

It'd be interesting to see where they end up after he pissed off their players then realised he wasn't getting £150m to replace them.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

No manager worth their salt is about to risk their rep trying to crisis manage that lot.

He's available, he's an easy get and more importantly, someone the fans and poor squad will rally to.

Liverpool's owners need to make themselves attractive to potential bidders, they surely don't so that by appointing someone else on £20m contract?

I would wet my pants laughing if Dalglish gets the job. I reckon they'd be in the bottom half of the prem next season if they do.

Lancet Fluke said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I would wet my pants laughing if Dalglish gets the job. I reckon they'd be in the bottom half of the prem next season if they do.

They are another bar-code lot.

They can't afford Hughes because he needs to bring his 30 man backroom tafia with him<br /><br />-- Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:48 pm --<br /><br />They can't afford Hughes because he needs to bring his 30 man backroom tafia with him

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Exactly, you can still get decent odds on him at the moment too. No one will go near the club until the ownership issue is sorted and that could take months. So I reckon Dalglish will take temp charge (what are the odds on him bottling it again!!) until the owners are gone, then I reckon it is between Hodgson and Hiddink.

20m contract wouldn't be needed for the likes of Hodgson or Hughes. 6m over three years should be plenty, they'd jump at the chance to manage Liverpool. O'Neill might be 3-4m p/a, but again the opportunity would be attractive to him. So they could negotiate pretty hard, especially on the key part of the deal, the severance clauses. If you give him a 15m contract that you can cancel for 4m, on paper, the liability is 4m, not 15m.

The key to making the club attractive would seem to be having a committed manager in place who can be got rid of cheaply if the new owners so desire. That, and cutting the ongoing losses right back, whilst investing in some young players.

I cannot possibly see RBS leaving Dalgleish in charge, he's just not a safe pair of hands for their investment, he could easily lead them into the bottom half of the table, damaging the image of the club further.

I imagine one of the three named above will take over within a month, Mascherano, Torres and Reina will leave, and he'll get 50m plus to rebuild. The wage bill drops to a level managable without champs league money, they look like a superior top 6 team with the potential to be much much more if the investment is made.

The alternative was to keep Benitez and all the players, sell them as a top 4 club who had a blip. but no one is willing to subsidise the 40m a year until a buyer can be found, and no buyer will be found whilst the team is running at a huge loss, work on the stadium hasn't even begun, and the price is still 500m. RBS want their money back, they would be happy for it to be sold for 350m because it's the yanks who will take the hit.

IMO Benitez was leaving anyway, he knows what's happening, they just paid him off so it looked like they were restructuring rather than being dumped.

schtipps said:
lionheart said:
You should have just donated the tenner to charity...so says a guy who today made over three grand on an oil discovery in the North Sea involving two small oil companies...Encore Oil and Nautical Petroleum for those of a financial disposition. Life can be sweet, sometimes.

My money is on Desire Petroleum
You obviously know what you are talking about. Their share price is up 35% in the first ten minutes of trading. Any more tips, pal?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.