just how good will aguero be next season?

kunaguero10

i ask this because i have been surprised by his style of play this season. Not exactly disappointed, but perhaps i was a bit more expectant. I had visions of tevez-esque work rate and runs, and messi-esque moments of magical dribbling and spectacular goals. We have seen glimpses, but at the same time he has also gone long periods of time without showing us what he is all about.

He started his city career off in the way i thought he would continue. He took a long range shot out of nowhere and scored with deadly accuracy. Since then, however, long range 'speculative' efforts have been few and far between. I think he has been hindered slightly by mancini's style because he cannot have a free role, in the sense that he can run, dribble and shoot whenever he wants.

I also think another factor is definitely the fact that teams park the bus. When there are 10 men behind the ball, this is bound to restrict the impact kun can have on a game. However, a way to counteract this is to, i believe, play further down the pitch (instead of passing it around on the edge of their box, lets play nearer the middle of the pitch, thus creating gaps behind the midfield and defence for kun to exploit. This will require more pace in our play as well as more clinical through balls --> hazard maybe?).

However, i think (and hope) that a significant factor is that this is his first season in english football. Look at tevez, he was slow to get going at both west ham and also city, and that was after he had 3 years in england. David silva has also improved a lot in his second season (at least until the last few months). I hope sergio will come back next season with a new found belief and confidence that will see him literally win games on his own due to silky runs and dribbles and skill (in a similar way that robinho use to create something out of nothing on his own). But certainly, our games will have to be more open for aguero to have his full impact.

Next year i hope to see some more of his natural flair, ability and instinct.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzfwvANI2t8[/youtube]

Forza Sergio

Sorry but it's his first season in a totally different league, he needs to fully adjust, and plus he's banged in 17 already in the EPL it could be a lot worse considering its his first season here

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.