Just how hard was Francis Lee?

Blue Streak

My late mother knew him when he was at Bolton before joining City and she said he was a lovely, lovely fella but a truely hard man if crossed. I'm sure most of you have seen the clip of him walloping Norman Hunter at the Baseball Ground whilst playing for Derby.

Big Jackie Charlton has also described Francis as being without a doubt the hardest man in football he ever came across.

So for those that saw him play in the flesh???

Norman Hunter was supposed to be the hardest man in football and was twice Franny's size. He belted Franny in the mouth.

After they were sent off and walking off the pitch, Franny absolutely goes for him. Hunter starts backing off and can't deal with Franny's windmill punches.

It's out there if anyone can find it.

Blue Lloyd said:
My late mother knew him when he was at Bolton before joining City and she said he was a lovely, lovely fella but a truely hard man if crossed. I'm sure most of you have seen the clip of him walloping Norman Hunter at the Baseball Ground whilst playing for Derby.

Big Jackie Charlton has also described Francis as being without a doubt the hardest man in football he ever came across.

So for those that saw him play in the flesh???

he took no messing thats for sure, he did'nt have a fight every five mins though.

i miss his ability though;(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.