Just seen the weather forecast

It was still 3 degrees C when it went dark at CoMS.

Nearly roads around the ground are clear, and the culdesacs that have snow on are drivable. The walkways within the gates are all clear, just all the pavements outside the ground still have a lot of thic hard snow on them, so expect people to be walking on the road.

The only problem I can see, appart from a snow storm, is that as it is warming up snow is falling off the roof. This was happening at Z2 on the North Stand, so I can see the outside ticket offices being shut, andthe possibility of some entrances not being used, therefore get there early.

Rain is good...providing temperatures don't drop to freezing. Don't think they will with all the cloud cover.

Great being a City fan. Get to know about everything from Thailand to the Weather. Not see any rain where I am (Derbyshire), but returning to Mcr this evening

mackenzie said:
bluemanc said:
Its's raining.

Tried to snow here in Bury but very little came down.

Rain bothers me as that would mean ice. Was bloody treacherous underfoot just over a week ago before the second load of snow.
If they'd given the pavements a light dusting of salt which they used to,then you wouldn't have the thick build up we have now.
A guy from the council was on tv saying the pavements have to be done manually with shovels & salt,they FOOKIN do now.

BlueTony said:
Unfortunately I agree with you, I just hope they're wrong. I hark back to the good old days of the orange ball, blue lines on the pitch and if you fell over on the way to the match it was your fault.
fucking hell, forgot about that orange ball etc. lol

Rain and temperatures of -3 tonight = worst case scenario as it will turn everywhere into a skating rink again.

Big problem round here now is falling icicles. If they have any of them on the stadium roof then there is no way the game can be allowed to go ahead.

bluemanc said:
mackenzie said:
Tried to snow here in Bury but very little came down.

Rain bothers me as that would mean ice. Was bloody treacherous underfoot just over a week ago before the second load of snow.
If they'd given the pavements a light dusting of salt which they used to,then you wouldn't have the thick build up we have now.
A guy from the council was on tv saying the pavements have to be done manually with shovels & salt,they FOOKIN do now.

Did you see that report about the UK getting a load of salt that was destined for Germany?

Made me and hubby laugh. "Pass the salt please" and "Robbed!!" sprang to mind. ;-)

Snow is forecast to the east of Manchester around the pennines area and it may touch the eastern side of Stockport, it looks like it will be constant throughout tomorrow so even if it doesn't hit Manchester then if you're travelling from Eastern England across the pennines leave plenty of time for your journey.

-2 is the low at Manchester Airport tonight. No snow forecast.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.